Jump to content

Wiring LOC


Recommended Posts

Posted

The speakers that are in my rear deck that I'm going to use for my LC6i have all the factory wires together in a plug for the speaker. So how will I be able to add a wire for the LOC into that? thanks

SOLD

2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab
2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

Posted

Not to say that those scotch lock things dont work at all, but I personally hate them.

They are cumbersome, kinda bulky when you need like 12 of them for a LOC. They can chew up the wire and really they only create a very small contact point.

I used em. They were the right size etc. Within a month the xonnections loosened causing a little noise.

I stripped and soldered after taking all those locks out which I spent so much time securing, so it took awhile. Not only did it take up less space and was neater,

I havent had a problem since.

Setup:


2010 Hyundai Elantra


Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC


Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt


Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000


Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -


DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Posted

You can use a quick splice on the wires going into the speaker.

These little guys are what I have been using

341-1373479164.jpg

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_41169_Xscorpion-QS2218R.html

I used these for my Mag when I was using a LOC then using High Level inputs. If you don't like these you can also use the Posi products T-Tap. If I could do it all over again I would have gone straight to aftermarket Head unit unless you are doing a higher end processor like a 360.3. Loc's are meh

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1561 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...