had a lazy weekend....wasn't exactly nice out anyway, but it's looking pretty good this week. Starting to get back to my glass; a lot of thinking....

Couldn't really come up with a design I liked for the lower part of my doors. Think I'm just gonna end up cutting the stock ones to fit and glass to those, similar to how I did the upper parts. Also think I'm going to attempt my own pressed grills for both the 4 and 6.5....Want to do a little accent too...

smdooi.jpg

10oe0dk.jpg

more this week....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

So it's finally warm enough!!

Started off not so great....my awesome cheater bar decided to be not so awesome....

v6pwnq.jpg

16aa70n.jpg

So instead of doing the wheel bearings, it was back to the bumper. I decided over the winter I didn't want to delete the turn signals....It would just look too plain and bulky without them. But I did want to flush them closer to the surface instead of set back like they are stock. Since I already cut the original mounts off, I went ahead and made ones.

2vchpgl.jpg

1rahl5.jpg

350nvhy.jpg

8yuo8o.jpg

6ekpwg.jpg

2j3smyb.jpg

2q154pe.jpg

Hard to see, but they sit about 1/2" closer to the edge of the bumper. Just have to clean up the mounts and reinforce them a little more. Supposed to be nice out all week so I'm gonna try and force myself into the garage all week.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

had to redo some small imperfections in the doors, so I knocked them back down last night. Gonna find out if one of the upholsterers from work can wrap them for me. Then I started on the lowers....first ring was garbage....I accidently dropped the pin on my router in the wrong hole...

euioef.jpg

it became my test ring. the next 2 were fine.

9bestc.jpg

33dk276.jpg

2eur3vl.jpg

28l8byc.jpg

still screwing around with the angle its on....I want them on the same vertical axis but not the same horizontal....if that makes any sense. In other words, I think it will be on too much of an extreme angle if the 6.5 is facing the same way as the 4....But I don't want them facing away from each other either.

Looks good man, glad to see your back to working on the doors again. Cant wait to see how the turn out. With Mothers Day and putting a basketball hoop together for the kid nothing was done on my system.... GRRRRRR

Ran out of CA glue to setup the doors. So I did some sanding to the bumper....

2cfxqxc.jpg

4torut.jpg

ojin1k.jpg

rcluur.jpg

10o1n2g.jpg

m9njet.jpg

f447rm.jpg

Shutting the lights off helps to see some of the main shape without all the little imperfections....

got both rings mounted.

15q5krk.jpg

2vxi0jo.jpg

also, I've been avoiding one of the last pieces I need to fiberglass on this bumper....I finally got it done tonight. There was a small section next to the blinker that needed an inside wall. If you looked at the blinker on an angle, you'd be able to see right through the bumper...couldn't accept that. Reason I was avoiding it was because the area I needed to build up was about 1"x1" a pain in the ass to layup. Of course my phone died before I got to take a pic of it all saturated but I'm glad it got done. I guess I just had an abnormal amount of patience tonight....

s2cqhs.jpg

The small rectangle in the middle of the pic is what I had to glass....one for each side of the bumper. fucking stoked to see how it hardened up tomorrow.

Hell ya, get some glass on those doors....

did it man haha....

987nug.jpg

2hz79g.jpg

rvf4w5.jpg

245y8ab.jpg

3308d1w.jpg

257zw3p.jpg

j7c747.jpg

a3h2qb.jpg

1smx5i.jpg

had to do some grinding....the dowels I used to hold up the speaker rings poked out too far and pushed out the material. It's happened before, simple fix.....ground it down till I didn't see anymore "peaks". Also went ahead and ground down where the fabric met the plastic. the flatter I can get that intersection, the less filler I need later to smooth out the transition.

23qx955.jpg

10qffra.jpg

aerz7q.jpg

ws206f.jpg

now they're sitting 3 layers deep on each. letting that cure overnight.

Archived