kalilac619 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 I used 1/4in 2in long bolts and washers on mine 2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0 12 JBL Pro audo mids ,6 timpano audio tweets and 1 Prv compression horn per door 475ah of yin long LTOs Triple 370 Amp Autotech Alts mids amps 2 Crescendo Skyway 3ks compreesion horn amp crossfire 800.4 Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4 sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order Best Scores at events… 163.5@38hz DBdrag sealed on the dash… 164.3 outlaw…162.9 Meca headrest
gckless Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 I'm in the same boat as you, building my box and haven't bought bolts yet. Here's the window I need to bolt down: It's 9x18". I figured I would just be going to Lowe's and seeing what I could find. I like the button head look above. As long as you have a head or washer a decent bit bigger than your bolt hole, you should be fine. Don't make the hole too close the edge either. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
evermaxx Posted June 1, 2014 Author Report Posted June 1, 2014 Yeah, just trying to do something different than the hex bolts everyone uses. Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
luism1983 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 I am on the proses of building a box with a window and I was planning on using t-nuts and flat hex nuts audio fanatic
luism1983 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 What's the best way to cut the window cut out? audio fanatic
luism1983 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 What's the best way to cut the window cut out? audio fanatic
evermaxx Posted June 1, 2014 Author Report Posted June 1, 2014 Did mine with a jigsaw then rounded it over Team Subsonic Lows Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch Man....it makes a nice work bench
gckless Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 ^^Same here, jigsaw and roundover. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
luism1983 Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 Ok thanks that seems more simple, I was gonna make a pattern and trace it with a router audio fanatic
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 1, 2014 Report Posted June 1, 2014 I did the corners of mine first with a 2" forstner bit and then cut the straight parts out with a flush trim bit and straight edge. I rough cut everything with the jigsaw first. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.