Second Skin Audio

Sub advice, maybe enclosure design

Sic

Looking for some advice on a sub to match my amp. Its a Rockford Fosgate 360a2 (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-yOZJ6PIXEye/p_575360A2/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-360a2.html#details-tab) I am thinking of going with a Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12 http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p2d2-12 Just wanted some input if this is a good choice to match the output of the amp?

Second part is I would greatly appreciate a enclosure design. I have tried to download Torres box calculator but I had issues so I figured I ask instead.

Amp = RF 360a2

Sub = 1x12" RF P2D2

Vehicle = Dodge magnum, for space I have 39" W, 15"H, W don't matter (back cargo area)

I mainly listen to metal, sometimes old school hip-hop.

Thinking tuned to somewhere between 32hz-34hz

I'm just trying to upgrade and add some bass to my daily. Any advice would be great.

You may want to get d4 coils instead of the d2 coils. With the d4 you could run the amp at 2 ohm bridged for 360+ watts. A 1.8 to 2 cf box with around 30" port area would sound nice.

You may want to get d4 coils instead of the d2 coils. With the d4 you could run the amp at 2 ohm bridged for 360+ watts. A 1.8 to 2 cf box with around 30" port area would sound nice.

I am a little nervous running the amp at 2 ohm because its only rated for 4 ohm bridged

• 3 weeks later...

Im still trying to come up with a enclosure design for 1.79 cu.ft. tunes to 34Hz. Reading through some other post I may have found one that will work. Also reading about sub and port placement. Am I correct in thinking for my vehicle, its a station wagon, that for best output I should have the sub facing up and the port facing rear?

Archived