Sonic Electronix

Can Multiple Tweeters Work On One Crossover?

I have a set of Alpine tweeters from the SPR-17S component set. The midbasses are blown, butI still have intact working tweeters. I have MTX TXC 6.1 component sets now in my truck. Was wondering if I could hook up the Alpine tweeters along with the MTX component set? If so how, do I use the MTX crossover and just connect both tweeters to the tweeter output? Would that change the impedence screwing up the MTX set?

I am using a MTX 5604 4 channel amp to power the component sets.

Any input is appreciated

Thanks

Eclipse AVN7000

MTX 5604 for components

MTX TXC 6.1 components

Autotek MM4000.1 (Sold)

8 15" Kicker CVRs (Sold)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

I have a set of Alpine tweeters from the SPR-17S component set. The midbasses are blown, butI still have intact working tweeters. I have MTX TXC 6.1 component sets now in my truck. Was wondering if I could hook up the Alpine tweeters along with the MTX component set? If so how, do I use the MTX crossover and just connect both tweeters to the tweeter output? Would that change the impedence screwing up the MTX set?

I am using a MTX 5604 4 channel amp to power the component sets.

Any input is appreciated

Thanks

The different ohm load on the crossover will change the crossover points which might not be optimal for the tweeters.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Dont know if this will help?

the mtx txc 6.1 component set is 4 ohm impedence and rated at 150rms

the 5604 4 channel ampputs out 75watts at 4 ohms per channel and 150watts at 2 ohms per channel

the alpine component set had an impedence of 4 ohms also but i dont know what the tweeters rated at

Eclipse AVN7000

MTX 5604 for components

MTX TXC 6.1 components

Autotek MM4000.1 (Sold)

8 15" Kicker CVRs (Sold)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

i know my tweets have very little reading on the ohm meeter, on the xover, and i also was wondering if i could run 2 tweets off the same xover safely, and dont really know if i can...i would think it would raise the imp. of the speakers or lower them either way off seting the xover point and thus for makeing the xover act in a different manner as far as what freq it blocks and allows to pass the filter

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived