Sonic Electronix

Can Multiple Tweeters Work On One Crossover?

Just got off the phone with MTX and the tech support explained that I could connect the second set of tweeters as long as i used the other crossover as well. I just have to check the ohm load at the amplifier to make sure it isnt below 2 ohm which my amp is rated at. Hopefully adding these tweeters wont lower the ohm load too much

Thanks for the help guys.

Eclipse AVN7000

MTX 5604 for components

MTX TXC 6.1 components

Autotek MM4000.1 (Sold)

8 15" Kicker CVRs (Sold)

2 Optima Yellow Tops

Just got off the phone with MTX and the tech support explained that I could connect the second set of tweeters as long as i used the other crossover as well. I just have to check the ohm load at the amplifier to make sure it isnt below 2 ohm which my amp is rated at. Hopefully adding these tweeters wont lower the ohm load too much

Thanks for the help guys.

or jus try tu wire the tweets in series at the x-over///try dat an let me kno the out come

humm... thats what i thought on that , as long as you used the 2 xovers. 1 per tweet, i was under the impression you had a bad xover and was wondering if you could run 2 tweets per xover , ... thats my issue one of my xovers fried but the tweet is fine (checked it on the other xover).... maybe somone else will have the same problem i have and put it to the test lol, i dont want to ruin 2 tweets and xovers....

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

what i meant by tag is to hook up both inputs from xovers together from amp output from what ive heard is if you connect two tweets up to one xover it will change the frequency responce to tweets . tweeters connected to passive xovers dont change ohm load on amps dont know why they just dont the mid is what changes it ive tried hooking up 2 tweets to the same xover before it works but there was less output didnt sound any better

smdsig2.jpg

Archived