Inbox Guy Posted June 3, 2014 Report Posted June 3, 2014 Hey guys im new to the board. Ive got some old amps I want to throw in my new 2013 fx4 f150. I know im limited in sapce do to NO space behind the seats and only under them. Has anyone made or have blueprints for a subwofer box. Ive always ran Ported in the past and would love to do it in this truck. I dont have a subwoofer yet so im opened to suggestions. The sub amp i have is a ed nine.2x so around 600 watts. Ill be leaving the factory nav in for a Hu also. Thanks!
timc31610 Posted June 3, 2014 Report Posted June 3, 2014 Measure, measure then measure again! Very hard to fit anything decent under there. I would look at some of the (kinda hurts to say it) prefab boxes if you are only going to be running 600watts or so. Edit: Welcome to the forum! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Inbox Guy Posted June 3, 2014 Author Report Posted June 3, 2014 Measure, measure then measure again! Very hard to fit anything decent under there. I would look at some of the (kinda hurts to say it) prefab boxes if you are only going to be running 600watts or so. Edit: Welcome to the forum! i had looked at the Fox Acoustics boxes but there high and the reviews are so so. Trying not to buy a pos off ebay but may have to. Whats your opinion on one that is made with 5/8 instead of 3/4. Seems like the 5/8 boxes have more space. On top of that its so small i just dont think it matter, but I may be wrong Another idea I was looking at the alpine type r 8" prefab boxes from them. Ported and around 150.00 check this one out http://caraudiofactory.com/2009-ford-f150-super-crew-poly-p-440.html i just dont know if 4 10's sealed will be loud?
timc31610 Posted June 3, 2014 Report Posted June 3, 2014 You only gain a little air space with the 5/8" but you will be hard pressed to find a prefab in 3/4 that isn't sealed. I had a JL Stealthbox in my Screw and it sounded pretty good for what it was. I bought it used. I believe a few people on here have stuffed Sundown SD-10's under their seats. If you are anything like the rest of us you will start small, quickly become dis-satisfied and try to find a way to get more bass! I now have a Soundqubed HDS312 in a 2.67 ft3 box in the 40% portion of my fold up seat are...lol. And looking for more. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Robert8252 Posted June 3, 2014 Report Posted June 3, 2014 Amps fit behind the seat, under the seat you can fit 5 +/- inches while letting the seat stay in its factory position. There is a company that sells a seat lift for around $150 that will add 2.5"s of space for most regular 10" and 12" subs. I haven't decided what I'm going to do in the long run but just have to tiny 8" pioneers under the seat of my crew cab. I've looked into the foxbox but I can't make myself by a prefab box when I have every tool under the sun to make a fully custom one. Just not a CNC machine to make the steel mounting extenders they have. I've also looked into the JL TW3 but haven't had the chance to hear one in person and I'm iffy of running any shallow mount sub. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 3, 2014 Report Posted June 3, 2014 I built an underseat box for a 2010 SuperCrew, there really isn't much room under there at all. I went with 4 ported Tang Band 6.5" subs. It puts out good sound for what it is, but you aren't going to be winning any SPL competitions. Hey Robert, how do you fold the back of the seat down like you have in your first pict? Its my neighbor's kid I built the box for but I was never able to figure out how to fold the seat down in his truck. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Robert8252 Posted June 3, 2014 Report Posted June 3, 2014 Each seat bet has a latch. I put zip ties on them to make it easier to pull up. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
timc31610 Posted June 3, 2014 Report Posted June 3, 2014 Robert, any clue what years that work on? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Inbox Guy Posted June 3, 2014 Author Report Posted June 3, 2014 I built an underseat box for a 2010 SuperCrew, there really isn't much room under there at all. I went with 4 ported Tang Band 6.5" subs. It puts out good sound for what it is, but you aren't going to be winning any SPL competitions. Hey Robert, how do you fold the back of the seat down like you have in your first pict? Its my neighbor's kid I built the box for but I was never able to figure out how to fold the seat down in his truck. DO you have the specs of that? it looks awesome do you think it would work or be louder with 8's ?
Inbox Guy Posted June 3, 2014 Author Report Posted June 3, 2014 I built an underseat box for a 2010 SuperCrew, there really isn't much room under there at all. I went with 4 ported Tang Band 6.5" subs. It puts out good sound for what it is, but you aren't going to be winning any SPL competitions. Hey Robert, how do you fold the back of the seat down like you have in your first pict? Its my neighbor's kid I built the box for but I was never able to figure out how to fold the seat down in his truck. DO you have the specs of that? it looks awesome do you think it would work or be louder with 8's ?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.