well honestly if you dont want our advise whats the point in asking?.. also how can we help you out determining if its safe when you edit the videos and give us nothing to go by.. now here is what im going to say.. the brutus amps are power hungry and need more power to get close to rated.. those amps tend to draw more amperage to make the same power as a good amplifier.. your 160a alternator is not sufficient and you also never told us how many batteries and what type are you running.

now you tell me if my electrical is sufficient to run a 5k amp at .5 ohms . thats all the information im giving you and i dont want your advice of what i need to run it at .5 ohm.. just tell me if its safe to run it that low

without knowing what you have we wont know its sufficient and with you not asking for advice is just a waste of server space and wasted time

and another thing.. at 1700 rpm the voltage shouldn't drop.. like i said before your electrical is shit and its not safe to run your amp at .5 ohms.. your tach at 1700+ rpm is all i need to know its a no go

Add more battery, or good caps and that big fluctuation gap will reduce some.

I dgaf what you run, where......

its your shit.........

The amp may not be getting hot, due to you not making any power with the low voltage. :shrug:

God knows i drive my gear hard.

This season, its turn it up, till i burn it up.............

I would also bet that battery (the stock) is old? Also, is it worse when your a few minutes into a drive? (heat kills ouput), is a lil better at first start up?

Add more alt, or add more bank. Put a new bat up front, and as big as you can afford in the rear. Especially if your gonna be upgrading when you can.

Like i said,... do what you want I dont care.

Just know what can happen. If you dont have the ability to replace, you may wanna just be content with the 2ohm config. :shrug:

Good luck.

EDIT- i read your longer above post. Yes, certain songs (freqs) are gonna play with the entire system. At .5, the song you had on, may not have rose your impedance. And demanded more current. The songs you then played, rose higher (impedance) and your elec was able to sustain.

To everyone - PLAY WHAT YOUR SYSTEM LIKES... NOT WHAT YOU DO. If it cant, build your system to do what you want !!!!.....

Its not rocket science....

kylar96 just what i was thinking when i was reading these posts.....It's how you want it. He obviously is a noob and i'm no better than he is and neither are yall.It's one thing to offer advice its another to bash and criticize.Just my two sense and i'm running brutus brx2000d1 on two agm and mechman 240 alt with big 3 and 1/0 all the way thourgh...But i stop at 1ohm...Why cause the manual says too....I'f you was to hear it you be like that thing bangs....Take the time to upgrade electric its very important!!!! Anyways bump how you wanna not how others want you too!!!!!!! Just My two cents :noob: But still can get DOWN :djparty:

Add more battery, or good caps and that big fluctuation gap will reduce some.

I dgaf what you run, where......

its your shit.........

The amp may not be getting hot, due to you not making any power with the low voltage. :shrug:

God knows i drive my gear hard.

This season, its turn it up, till i burn it up.............

I would also bet that battery (the stock) is old? Also, is it worse when your a few minutes into a drive? (heat kills ouput), is a lil better at first start up?

Add more alt, or add more bank. Put a new bat up front, and as big as you can afford in the rear. Especially if your gonna be upgrading when you can.

Like i said,... do what you want I dont care.

Just know what can happen. If you dont have the ability to replace, you may wanna just be content with the 2ohm config. :shrug:

Good luck.

EDIT- i read your longer above post. Yes, certain songs (freqs) are gonna play with the entire system. At .5, the song you had on, may not have rose your impedance. And demanded more current. The songs you then played, rose higher (impedance) and your elec was able to sustain.

To everyone - PLAY WHAT YOUR SYSTEM LIKES... NOT WHAT YOU DO. If it cant, build your system to do what you want !!!!.....

Its not rocket science....

Yours is more a reply that I was looking for with the original post, first off thanks for actually reading what I was asking and responding accordingly... Instead of giving the typical auto response of never go under 1 ohm, bad electrical, etc. And realizing that I was not asking those questions, and just simply asking for opinions on the voltage ranging. Like I said before, It's only with one song that I've noticed it go that crazy and I have to assume that it hates it for some reason. (Childish Gambino - Sweatpants). I just got to work and on my commute which is over an hour I tried to take a couple videos while still wired at .5 to show what I get on the meter with other songs and how it's fairly steady.

To answer your questions, Yeah the battery is probably a couple years old. I'm going to be looking into swapping in an agm in stock location soon, followed by a mechman/singer in the future when I do a full rebuild. No, I don't usually put the wiring to .5 It's usually at 2ohm. I'm just kind of playing with it now and then out of boredom and wanting to push things to see where they stand. I am not worried if the little brutus breaks because of that, It would just force me to upgrade sooner instead of putting it off. But, obviously I'm not "trying" to break it.

However, like I said before in a reply... The amp does not get unreasonably warm. Nothing warmer than I would expect at all, Not anywhere near being too hot to touch, as for making power - I don't have any equipment to measure the wattage coming out but I can say that It's making enough to give a fair amount of roof/body flex, and is definitely putting out a fair amount.

With the best tool there is on the market, your ears, is it noticibly louder at .5 ?

What im saying, is .5 WORTH it to you?

If it is.... fucking run it. But, again, know what can happen. If there is no large gain. I would suggest just going back to the 2ohm load......

With the best tool there is on the market, your ears, is it noticibly louder at .5 ?

What im saying, is .5 WORTH it to you?

If it is.... fucking run it. But, again, know what can happen. If there is no large gain. I would suggest just going back to the 2ohm load......

I notice a very large output gain in the .5 load vs the 2 ohm, that's why I'm even bothering with the checking on it at all. Don't get me wrong, I ran at 2 ohms for a long time and it is fine that way also for a budget build... But pushing things to their limits is kinda what makes things fun right? Anyway, Going to get ready and upload a little clip of it I took on the drive to work that shows the voltage with Juice Box playing. My phone microphone sucks major donkey dick though.... And when the bass is going, it completely neglects to pick up the highs at all lol, and sounds like absolute poop. It does not sound like this when you're in it. But basically just uploading to show that the first video I had posted is not the normal that it does. Thanks for all your replies Kylar.

No worries.

Im never a fan of abusing gear. And thats not how im trying too look or come off as "that guy".

I AM HOWEVER, into getting my gear, to give me what it can. In a safe, legit manner. Just me.

Just remember the risks.

No worries.

Im never a fan of abusing gear. And thats not how im trying too look or come off as "that guy".

I AM HOWEVER, into getting my gear, to give me what it can. In a safe, legit manner. Just me.

Just remember the risks.

I understand and have the same mentality. I know that it's low end gear and do not expect the world out of it. (Hence the plans for a major upgrade in the semi near future). But just trying to play around and get the most out of what I'm using in the time that I've got left with it.

Anyway, here's the little clip I took this morning. Once again, phone mic really sucks so it does not sound anything like that in person. For some reason it completely ignores everything when the bass line comes in. But the real reason that I even left the sound on this video is to show the voltage when the bass is on. This is also at full tilt.

Archived