What Kyle said. Once we know that we can offer more concrete advice.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Lets chat about the vehicle.

Your running stock alt, and stock bat... yes?

Stock alt is a 130A, slightly upgraded alt when stock went bad out of a different vehicle that was a direct swap.

Currently a 160A alt/Stock batt.

Amplifier - Hated by most on here, and is a semi-temporary until I'm ready to do a full overhaul that I have plans for and equipment already picked out. Just have to finish the funding side. Am running a Hifonics Bxi1606d. http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_16368_Hifonics_BXi_1606D.aspx

just go back to 2 ohms until you upgrade your electrical. running half ohm on a slightly upgraded alt with a stock battery, a shit voltage meter and no multimeter to even read your voltage accurately. whats your wires look like? 1/0 on power and ground? did you do the big 3 upgrade under the hood? just stick with 2 ohms for now until your up to par on electrical.

just go back to 2 ohms until you upgrade your electrical. running half ohm on a slightly upgraded alt with a stock battery, a shit voltage meter and no multimeter to even read your voltage accurately. whats your wires look like? 1/0 on power and ground? did you do the big 3 upgrade under the hood? just stick with 2 ohms for now until your up to par on electrical.

The question was not about what ohm load to run. I am asking experienced people about voltage drops, and what is acceptable and what is not.

I'm surprised that amp hasn't caused a fire at .5 ohm. Some amps I would be comfortable but not with a brutus.

Doesn't even get hot at all. Hour plus at a time on work commutes.

its not acceptable.. it drops on a single note. usually it takes a few minutes then it should start to drop.. you have a shit meter and sorry to tell you this but a shit electrical..

its not acceptable.. it drops on a single note. usually it takes a few minutes then it should start to drop.. you have a shit meter and sorry to tell you this but a shit electrical..

That video is sped up double speed fyi, I forgot to mention that in the OP.

I will say that I went down to .5 again after making this thread today, and have done some driving around today with it and watching the voltage. I don't know what was going on the day that I made this video weeks ago but voltage was steady today on the same shit meter, and didn't do any of the retard high readings.

I do remember the day that I recorded that, what made me take the recording was because of one particular song that I was playing and was giving me those results. None of the other ones would make it go crazy like that video. Could it be that the song at the time was crazy clipped and causing those results?

yeah ok let me re phrase ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE because none of the numbers on your shit meter matter, you don't know how accurate it really is. at least get a dmm and see what the voltage truly is, then decide if you want to stay at half ohm or go back up. but in the mean time upgrade other aspects of the electrical system.

Archived