Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

1-15" Box Idea Rear Deck in 96 Cadillac


MNBEAST

Recommended Posts

Posted
[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2820]
4 cuft net 11sq in port per cuft. @32 hz

Most of my music is around 30hz so I dont know if I should go with more port area?

The sub will be in the rear deck and ported thrue the arm rest hole.

The Woofer will be a Precision Power PH-15 sound qubed HDS315!!!!

Powerd by a Precision Power PPI BK1800.1D. something cheep

BTW this is a budget build.

CaddyBox.jpg

DC lv 4 18" 7cuft 31hz shaken the dash with .6krms LOL

Posted

I could shrink it to 3 but then Im having trouble keeping the tuning and port lenght acceptable.

DC lv 4 18" 7cuft 31hz shaken the dash with .6krms LOL

Posted

I guess my question is will 11 sqin of port affect output? its not like this sub has a ton of xmax????

DC lv 4 18" 7cuft 31hz shaken the dash with .6krms LOL

Posted

I could shrink it to 3 but then Im having trouble keeping the tuning and port lenght acceptable.

Try 3 cubic feet net with 12 sq inches of port per cube. You will be fine with 3 cubes net. 4 cubes would probably destroy that sub assuming the woofer has loose softparts. Btw maximum reccomended vol is 2.75. I dont see how you are having trouble getting a 3 cube net box to 30hz. It would probably be around 4ft gross.

Posted

Firstly running your sub with double its rms rating(assuming 1ohm load) in a box bigger than recommended will just cause problems. You will end up messing your sub. I'm sure if you take your time you can come up with a 3 cube box. You could also send your dimensions and maybe we could help you abit

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3117 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...