Second Skin Audio

4 x DD 715 box/wall design

Kotoma

I did some thinking and I thought of this:

qbHJeM3.png

KTIWk7D.png

The box is 319 litre or 11.27 cubic feet, tuned to around 32Hz.

Im thinking about using the whole back area with a heavy duty plexiglass to show off the insides :)

I am wondering about using my reserve wheel compartment as a part of the box aswell or is that not worth fiberglassing the whole thing for the extra volume?

Any suggestions for improvements?

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

1 x Gladen SQX 165 Component set

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

Any suggestions on a port on this box? Or just increase the size of the current one?

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

well is it a wall or just a box?

also under 12 cubes for 4 dd 15s? that wont end well.

and more port too..

I dont know what to classify this as.

That's why I asked if I should also use the reserve wheel compartment to gain more volume, I will probably get around 4-5 cubic feet from doing that.

Any suggestions how to improve the port?

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

well is it a wall or just a box?

also under 12 cubes for 4 dd 15s? that wont end well.

and more port too..

I dont know what to classify this as.

That's why I asked if I should also use the reserve wheel compartment to gain more volume, I will probably get around 4-5 cubic feet from doing that.

Any suggestions how to improve the port?

well what vehicle is it first off

What is this going in?

4 x DD 715

i'm also not a fan of the baffle orientation tbh. can you do the design any different? Whats max dimensions for the baffle?

The max dimensions I have to work with is 29.5 inches depth, 39.76 inches wide, 31.50 inches height.

I can gain some more volume with the reserve wheel compartment but this is what I got to work with. Don't want to remove my back seats for this build. If I am not gaining anything by upgrading to 4 x DD715 instead of 2 x DD715 then I will probably use another design to utilize my 2 x 15's

What I thought of when designing this is not a traditional wall because of the back seats being in the way, that's why I put 2 subs upwards while 2 tilted. I don't have enough space to have 4 x 15 in a flat box because of the space I've got to work with.

The vehicle is a 2001 Volkswagen Passat.

2 x DD Redline 818

2 x DD m2b

Sony DSX-S3000BTX

Oh, so the wall that's missing is the bottom. Lol, you might want to rotate that rightside up for pics next time.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Archived