CleanSierra Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 It might. SPL is a fickle bitch. As an educated guess, no. Port up, sub up or back. Port back, sub up. Sub up, port firing at the side. The only way to tell is to build and test, test, test. Moving the box left or right two inches can be good for tenths, or losses. It really just has to be tested. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Cj Kumz Posted June 8, 2014 Author Report Posted June 8, 2014 Thanks a lot for your input. I have decided to try out port back and sub up 1st. Now here is the trick, the box is 23 high and double baffled meaning the port height will be 20.75 and 3.5 wide. Now the port ratio looks off badly lol. So do I reduce port height and make a 2 common wall Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted June 8, 2014 Author Report Posted June 8, 2014 Thanks a lot for your input. I have decided to try out port back and sub up 1st. Now here is the trick, the box is 23 high and double baffled meaning the port height will be 20.75 and 3.5 wide. Now the port ratio looks off badly lol. So do I reduce port height and make a 2 common wall to balance the ratio Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
timc31610 Posted June 8, 2014 Report Posted June 8, 2014 Are you using Torres? If so post a screenshot. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Cj Kumz Posted June 9, 2014 Author Report Posted June 9, 2014 That's just the max dimensions I can work with. The total depth is 22, so I have left 5 for the port clearance. I wanna do sub up and port towards hatch. Wanna get a 4.5 cube box tuned to around 35 Hz. Now issue is on the slot dimensions cause of the box height. I do not wanna use aeros. Any idea on what I can do??? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted June 10, 2014 Author Report Posted June 10, 2014 If my box is 23 inches high that gives me a port with a height of 20.75 inches and width of what?? The ratio seems off. Help guys Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
timc31610 Posted June 11, 2014 Report Posted June 11, 2014 Do the port along the bottom, like 15.5 x 3 or 3.5. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Cj Kumz Posted June 11, 2014 Author Report Posted June 11, 2014 Good idea. So I will be 1 common port wall in my case right?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
timc31610 Posted June 11, 2014 Report Posted June 11, 2014 No, it would be 3 common, like this: My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Cj Kumz Posted June 11, 2014 Author Report Posted June 11, 2014 No, it would be 3 common, like this: If the box is 23 inches high and the port is 15.5 inches high, doesn't that mean the port won't touch 1 wall??? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.