Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

bro.. the amps did 2100 at 1 ohm.. no way will they do 1900 in a car with impedance rise.. you must be getting no rise or your impedance is going backwards

im not against the testing. its your opinion about what is considered pass. dynamic test is a no pass for me. passing certified means you will be loud in dynamic.. if the 2 amps had been tested and passed certified they would be much louder on music.. i always saw the brutus as a 1800-2000 watt amp.. the disappointment was the SQ. i never ran one but always thought if i was ever in a budget i would pick one up but now i wont even look at it. after seeing the crescendo fail the certified mode that too is out of my list of solid amps.

bro.. the amps did 2100 at 1 ohm.. no way will they do 1900 in a car with impedance rise.. you must be getting no rise or your impedance is going backwards

im not against the testing. its your opinion about what is considered pass. dynamic test is a no pass for me. passing certified means you will be loud in dynamic.. if the 2 amps had been tested and passed certified they would be much louder on music.. i always saw the brutus as a 1800-2000 watt amp.. the disappointment was the SQ. i never ran one but always thought if i was ever in a budget i would pick one up but now i wont even look at it. after seeing the crescendo fail the certified mode that too is out of my list of solid amps.

My car was wired @ 1 and rising to 1.3.

Rtkota can confirm the results, it was tested multiple times because I couldn't believe it. When i first got the amp I expected around 3k watts because of how people talked about them.

And I respect your opinion of what makes an amp pass.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

even if we disagree what passes and what doesn't, dont stop doing the testing. it helps me know what are the good amps.. opinions are just opinions

this is more of preference. i prefer amps that pass in certified mode.

even if we disagree what passes and what doesn't, dont stop doing the testing. it helps me know what are the good amps.. opinions are just opinions

this is more of preference. i prefer amps that pass in certified mode.

Hahah, i think everyone prefers that. Im going to stick with my bdCP's anyway.

I also wont recommend a SQ to anyone after these tests. :P

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

It's kinda weird how many people out there have them but I've never seen one tested.

I'm assuming based off the test i e seen for the Low end Rockford stuff that it will have no problem doing rated I'm just curious to see how much more than rated it can put out.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'd like to see some of the other big name companies stuff tested too.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

looks like everyone is scared to test it

Not scared to test, both of just have fairly busy lives outside of this.

I'm willing to bet I'm more excited than most people in this thread about the test, considering i run the amp and will be running two of them.

It's kinda weird how many people out there have them but I've never seen one tested.

I'm assuming based off the test i e seen for the Low end Rockford stuff that it will have no problem doing rated I'm just curious to see how much more than rated it can put out.

RTkota and I thought the same exact thing. Tested with the AMM-1 on my subs, it passed no problem. It will be fun to see what it does on the dyno though!

I'd like to see some of the other big name companies stuff tested too.

like?

He should have a SKAR 4.5k test vid in the coming weeks.

Unfortunately it's only going to be dynamic tests as the power supply isn't quite up to par for that big of amps yet.

Archived