Head Unit Or Stock With Line Output Converter

I just traded in my grand am and bought a chevy silverado. My stock deck in the grand am wasnt really all that great so i had an alpine deck which i wont be installing in the truck. I am looking for more information on using the stock system in the truck with a line output converter. (i like the steering wheel radio control features that come in the truck) I just want to know if anyone has experience with these? pros and cons to a line output converter . what is the difference? will I be shorting myself? .... just looking for any info thanks

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

I did a setup with a chevy cavalier stock headunit for a kid I went to school with, his amp had the high level inputs on it, I think it sounded pretty good. It was 2 12'' infinity kappa's and a pioneer amp. I've read about bass cut out on stock headunits to where even when you turn it higher the unit wont put out anymore bass, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with a silverado head unit or not.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

I did a setup with a chevy cavalier stock headunit for a kid I went to school with, his amp had the high level inputs on it, I think it sounded pretty good. It was 2 12'' infinity kappa's and a pioneer amp. I've read about bass cut out on stock headunits to where even when you turn it higher the unit wont put out anymore bass, but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with a silverado head unit or not.

yea my amp also has the high level inputs. unfortunatley my knowledge is very basic when it comes to all this, and i have no idea what that does. i thought u hooked the converter up by splicing the wires on the converter with the left and right (generally rear) speaker wires and the rcas into the converter?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

yea my amp also has the high level inputs. unfortunatley my knowledge is very basic when it comes to all this, and i have no idea what that does. i thought u hooked the converter up by splicing the wires on the converter with the left and right (generally rear) speaker wires and the rcas into the converter?

is this going to be for a sub amp or mids and highs amp?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

is this going to be for a sub amp or mids and highs amp?

sub amp... i dont get too fancy just straight speakers. the truck came with the bose speaker package n they sound plenty good for me without an amp...i have just one amp for my 1 15'' sub

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

IF YOU ARE ONLY ADDINDG BASS AND NOT DOING AMP TO MIDS IT WILL WORK OK I WOULD SUGGEST GETTING A HIGH LOW WITH A VOLUME KNOB BUILT IN SO YOU CAN CONTROL THE BASS OUTPUT WORKS BETTER THAN BASS KNOB

DUDE! take off the caps lock. Its impolite. Its the same as yelling. Thank you.

??? What ???

If you get a line level converter you can add a sub and amp. It will let you take the speaker wires (high level) output from the rear speakers and convert them into a RCA (low level) output. then you just take a set of RCA's and use them for the input of your amp.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Archived