jmanjr82 Posted June 9, 2014 Report Posted June 9, 2014 First up is a box for a Pair of Skar ZVX 12s D1 1500rms that will be powered by a Skar Sk4500.1@1ohm (Vehicle Honda SMX) The usable dimensions are as follows: H- 20 inches W- 33 inches (this is right between the wheel well plastic pieces) D- 20 inches (this is right to the rear cargo door lock) Enclosure Specs: Ported : 2.0-2.5 Ft^3 @ 34 Hz Displacement : 0.15 Ft^3 Mounting Depth : 8.5" Outside Diameter : 12.8" Cut-Out : 10.9" Magnet Diameter : 8.3" T/S Parameters: Re : 2.19 / 3.6 Ohms Fs : 52.5 / 51.8 Hz Mms : 380.419 / 362.871 g Rms : 14.4 / 14.3 Kg/s Cms : 0.024 / 0.024 mm/N Bl : 19.5 / 19.4 n/a Qts : 0.67 / 0.68 Qes : 0.72 / 0.74 Qms : 8.69 / 8.68 Vas : 6.66 / 6.68 L Spl : 83.3 / 83.7 dB For the box I would like either subs up port back or subs back port back. Music played ranges from rock/metal to some Decaf. Wood used will be 3/4 Birch. If needed I can use aero port/s or rectangle/slot port whatever works. Lastly I would like the port centered between the subs if its a slot port obviously. Thanks in advance for any and all help. If there is anymore information needed feel free to ask.
Joe X Posted June 10, 2014 Report Posted June 10, 2014 Using all the 20x33x20 you get the 4 cubes net @ 34Hz, problem is you can't really do port back unless (maybe) you were willing to go higher than 20" your current dimensions would work subs /port up. EDIT: this is because there would be no clearance for the port firing backwards.
jmanjr82 Posted June 10, 2014 Author Report Posted June 10, 2014 http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/Support/rftech.aspx#boxwizard On the fosgate site I got 6.24 cubic ft So if need be I could do H:25 W:33 D:16 which by fosgate would be 6.21 cubic ft would that work? I think if possible subs up port back would be most ideal. I can go fairly high like say 26. I just wanted to ensure the box would be semi symmetrical
Cj Kumz Posted June 10, 2014 Report Posted June 10, 2014 Yah that's 6.21 cubic ft before sub or port displacement so it could work. Or you could do H:23 W:33 and D:16, and get two 6'' flared ports and fire them backwards. Make them 25 inches long to get 34 Hz. Or you could do the slot as Joe X suggested. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
jmanjr82 Posted June 11, 2014 Author Report Posted June 11, 2014 If the ports have to be that long are you talking bend them inside the box, because I dont see how they could be inside and outside the box and still fit in that area. I think it could work though.
Cj Kumz Posted June 11, 2014 Report Posted June 11, 2014 If the ports have to be that long are you talking bend them inside the box, because I dont see how they could be inside and outside the box and still fit in that area. I think it could work though. Yes you can buy elbow bends. Make sure they are curved not sharp 90 degree bends. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
jmanjr82 Posted June 11, 2014 Author Report Posted June 11, 2014 I am a plumber in the USAF so that is my language lol. Looks to be a long sweep 90 thank you
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.