Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box Clarification


Cj Kumz

Recommended Posts

Posted

I think he is referring to boundary layer with the air inside the port, however I don't see any benefits of felt instead of rino-liner or others. I, however do see negatives of having loose fibers in the port.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Felt may be the wrong material, but I know JL lines the ports of their HO enclosures with a material to help reduce port noise/turbulence. I'm willing to bet many on here would say JL's products are over priced and perhaps over hyped, but "I" feel they build some of the best ported enclosures to date, namely the HO enclosures.

Posted

They basically just make the same affect that is created by the dimples on a golf ball.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Posted

Thanks for the input guys. I have never been a fan of the slot port too, just wanted to experiment lol. My last box was a round port and would just join pieces to change tuning.

IMG-20140414-00206_zpsba884257.jpg

IMG-20140525-00260_zpseddc6112.jpg

I would really wanna use the remaining 10'' port piece I have but no space :(

Anyway how do you think 2 6'' ports will do in a 4-4.5 cube box?? Any ideas. I still wanna do sub up port back

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4930 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...