Sundown Audio

Bad Amp?

SMZ2

To answer all the questions I have 2 1/0 grounds to the frame. They are sanded down then I plastidipped over to prevent corrosion. The grounds go to 2 of my d3100s the third d3100s is linked in with 1/0. The mb quart is grounded to the ground on the battery. Both power and ground are 4 Guage. I swapped out all wires with ones that were away from power sources and there was still noise. I have tried the ground loop fix on my hu too still noise. The wires I swapped were rcas noise, then speaker wires noise, even changed the hu ground still noise.

What type of surface was it mounted to.... I had a issue with a fosgate amp one time where it didn't like metal contact so I mounted it to a beauty board and never had an issue

The amp is on a 2x2 amp rack.

Well shit, all your trouble shooting seems thorough as hell... I feel like a moron to even question you on this, because I'm sure it's fine, but how are your crimp connections to the ground wire? this often can cause problems giving you a humming.

2002 Toyota Corolla

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Soundqubed Q1-2200d

Soundqubed HDC3.118

Soundqubed Q4-120

Alpine SPR-60

Alpine SPR-60C

Yeah, it seems as though you've checked everything we had come up with before hand.

Not sure how old/new the MB is you have, but I hope it's an older model before Maxxsonic (Spelling?) bought them out. If it's a newer model, maybe, just maybe, it's showing you/us just how far MB has fallen.

Well shit, all your trouble shooting seems thorough as hell... I feel like a moron to even question you on this, because I'm sure it's fine, but how are your crimp connections to the ground wire? this often can cause problems giving you a humming.

When I would lightly tug on the lug after hydro crimping it would only pull the wire out the sleeve.

Have you tried one of these on your head unit.http://www.amazon.com/1st-Source-Torroid-Choke-Filter/dp/B002AUFVWA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1402548152&sr=8-6&keywords=alternator+noise+filter Worked great for me when i used to have a pioneer HU. Once i switched out HU to a clarion did'nt need it, but left it in for good measure,

truthsayer

Have you tried one of these on your head unit.http://www.amazon.com/1st-Source-Torroid-Choke-Filter/dp/B002AUFVWA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1402548152&sr=8-6&keywords=alternator+noise+filter Worked great for me when i used to have a pioneer HU. Once i switched out HU to a clarion did'nt need it, but left it in for good measure,

No I have not. I didn't have this problem with the hu before though. It would be worth a shot though.

No I have not. I didn't have this problem with the hu before though. It would be worth a shot though.

Well i didn;t have the issue till i replaced a amp. Thought it was the amp at first, sent it back for a new one. Still same problem. And only had issue on one amp. Then trouble shooted for days with no luck. Then i ran across an article, and decided to try it out. Like i said worked for me. Once i replaced HU problem was gone, but i still left it in.

truthsayer

Well i didn;t have the issue till i replaced a amp. Thought it was the amp at first, sent it back for a new one. Still same problem. And only had issue on one amp. Then trouble shooted for days with no luck. Then i ran across an article, and decided to try it out. Like i said worked for me. Once i replaced HU problem was gone, but i still left it in.
Do you have a link to the article? Where do you wire it in at?

Archived