JakeBoucher Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 So I feel like an idiot. I was putting my type r 15 into a flush mount box I had built and the cutout for the flush mount was a tad to small. When I set the sub in the box it dropped in and wedged itself in the cutout. One side was all the way in while the other was not. I couldn't pull the sub out, so I grabbed a block of wood and a hammer to tap the other side in to make it level hoping it would pull out. The block of wood slipped when I was tapping it in and hit where the surround glues to the basket. It didn't damage the surround, but it pulled it away from the glue. It's just a small area maybe an inch long. Can I just buy glue and re-glue that one spot? If so what kind of glue do I need to buy? Any help is appreciated thanks! "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
Weigel21 Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 Might well be able to just reglue it. To my understanding one should use a rubberized CA glue.
timc31610 Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 Yep CA Glue. http://fixmyspeaker.com/product/1oz-full-adhesive-kit-ca-rubber/ My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
JakeBoucher Posted June 13, 2014 Author Report Posted June 13, 2014 Sweet thanks a lot everyone! "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
timc31610 Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 Let us know if it works. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Weigel21 Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 Let us know if it works. Not if, that leaves room for doubt. Let us know how well it turns out.
JakeBoucher Posted June 13, 2014 Author Report Posted June 13, 2014 Will do, just ordered the stuff. How exactly do you use it? "Dude the more your sub weighs the more watts it puts out"
Weigel21 Posted June 13, 2014 Report Posted June 13, 2014 Well shit, I thought I'd be MR smarty pants and link to the "How to use RUBBER GLUE" guide on the website, but the fucking page doesn't exist. I've never used that adhesive before, in fact, I've only used a silicone to "Jury Rig" a tear in the surround of an old 10" Rockford HE or HE2 I had back in 2000, so I'm not gong to be of any help, sorry. However, surely another member has used that product. Chances are there are instructions on the bottle or on a paper that comes with it, at least I'd sure hope they don't just send you the materials and let the consumer "figure it out".
timc31610 Posted June 14, 2014 Report Posted June 14, 2014 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/87497-gluing-back-sub-surround/ This topic covers the how to. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.