Avital 5130 lock/unlock trouble.

Just installed a Avital 5103 in a '97 Suburban. Everything works great except for the locks. Connected the lock/unlock harness to the wires that activate the door lock / unlock relays (light blue and white wires ) . The way I understand you do not have to have extra relays for this to work. The control unit should be putting out a positive pulse or a negative pulse. I need the positive pulse but I'm only getting a negative pulse. So what am I doing wrong? Do I have a bad control unit?

You have your wiring wrong and its wired for a negative pulse output. If it was dei id tell you how to fix it but I have no clue with avital

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I couldn't find any info for an avital 5130 but did on a 5103. If thats the one you have it should be light blue from alarm to factory light blue for lock, and green from alarm to factory white for unlock. If colors are different from your alarm let me know what the book you have says.

I have it connected the right way. Light blue to light blue, green to white. I checked the output on the light blue and the green of the harness. I'm getting no + output only a negative. Wondering if the control unit is bad. Avital is made by dei.

Probably have to use relays to turn neg output too positive they make a small module that's plug an play

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Are you using a multi meter to check for +12v? One thing that comes to mind is that the pulse simply isn't strong enough. I had that issue doing an altima where the 250ma negative pulse just wasnt strong enough to actually pop the locks. I had to use a pair of relays to pulse a straight ground to them for it to work correctly. If that isnt the case and you truly aren't getting a +12v pulse and only a negative you could just use a pair of relays to change polarity to get it to work correctly. In that case I believe the wires coming from the alarm would have to be reversed for lock and unlock negative pulse. So you would put the light blue wire to pin 85, constant +12v to pin 86 and pin 87, then put pin 30 to your factory white unlock wire. Do the exact same for lock but use the green alarm wire to pin 85 and factory light blue to pin 30.

Another thing you may want to look into is for the lock unlock I had to go to the switch itself in my truck. Its a 98. Not sure why but that was were I could get the right signal

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived