Daboxxstl Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 I am wanting to compete in midwestspl with my car. It is a 1991 honda civic hatchback. I have a Digital designs 2515 d2 and an digital designs m1b. The power class I'm wanting to do is the 500 watt class and many people have been doing around a 145. What box would you guys recommend me building for this setup?
timc31610 Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 I would build about a 3 - 3.5 ft3 box and do an external aero port. Sub back and port toward passenger side. External port would be for ease of trying different tunings without affecting box net space. I would start in the high 30's and keep going until you find the cars peak. Trial and error. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Daboxxstl Posted June 17, 2014 Author Report Posted June 17, 2014 I was thinking around that would be the right size but I wasn't 100% sure and I figured I would get some other people's input.
SlamminBeats Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 you need more power. if i were burping a 2500 i would through at least 2k at it maybe more, assuming its clean power and be tuned in the mid 40s for starters. Before any box tuning id build it to be tuned in the 50s lol. That's me and i dont know much about burping only but i do know about DD subs and what they can take and what to expect from them when tuned at "x"
Daboxxstl Posted June 17, 2014 Author Report Posted June 17, 2014 The class I'm in only allows for 500 watts, otherwise I would throw a lot more power at it.
SlamminBeats Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 The class I'm in only allows for 500 watts, otherwise I would throw a lot more power at it. 500 @ 4 ohms? 500 rms clamped??
SlamminBeats Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 you may get louder then on a bigger box since this would be a low power application. this changes things. Now if it were me id put that 15 in at least 5 cubes net
Daboxxstl Posted June 17, 2014 Author Report Posted June 17, 2014 I was going to run the amp at one ohm and yes it is a 500 watt clamped class
Bump4life Posted June 17, 2014 Report Posted June 17, 2014 make as large of a box and port. try haveing 18-20 sq in per cube. 18 will yield some musicality, 20 is starting to get a little peakier but it also depends on car. things can change. but id start there. try getting 4.5-5 cubes net. and run at 1 ohm and you should be good Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Daboxxstl Posted June 17, 2014 Author Report Posted June 17, 2014 make as large of a box and port. try haveing 18-20 sq in per cube. 18 will yield some musicality, 20 is starting to get a little peakier but it also depends on car. things can change. but id start there. try getting 4.5-5 cubes net. and run at 1 ohm and you should be good I also have been told to build around this size. Which will yield more spl the 3-3.5 cubes or the 4.5-5 cubes? I'm wanting to shut down my class.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.