moemoe703 Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 After just a few seconds of play my subs just drown out to a light lame humming that you can barely here. My amp isn't going into protection. My car audio guy said the subs aren't blown. What could it be then?
Joe X Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 If your "car audio guy" is unable to find the issue you might as well forget about him, there could be a ton of things including a faulty amp. Got a DMM?
moemoe703 Posted June 18, 2014 Author Report Posted June 18, 2014 He said it could be the amp too. But I swapped the amp the same thing happened. And I don't even know what a dmm is
moemoe703 Posted June 18, 2014 Author Report Posted June 18, 2014 Then he said it could be the output of my head unit
BigManAC Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 DMM, digital multi meter. Re check all wires and make sure connections are snug. Check the readouts at the amp with the car is running and see what the dmm says when the problem starts to occur and makes sure you have steady voltage. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
Ahmed Johnson Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 He said it could be the amp too. But I swapped the amp the same thing happened. And I don't even know what a dmm is Lol, A digital multi meter. You can pick one up at an auto store for cheap. I like your honesty, it will help you get your issue resolved faster. Here's the auto zone one that I use on my car http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Innova-Hands-Free-digital-multimeter/_/N-26lr?itemIdentifier=64471_0_0_ I have a fluke I use for work which is way better but the cheaper one works just fine for what you need.
moemoe703 Posted June 18, 2014 Author Report Posted June 18, 2014 Ok. I will do that. And then get back to you. Thanks
Joe X Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 Ok. I will do that. And then get back to you. Thanks You probably can get one DMM at walmart, for $15 or something like that, also you can use am MP3 player to feed the amp with a proper cable, (need to start with the volume at 0) to see if the head unit is faulty.
truthsayer Posted June 18, 2014 Report Posted June 18, 2014 What amp? How did you set the gain? truthsayer
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.