Sundown Audio

Mono amp gain setting issue

Well no shit lol how's the DD1 gonna read the signal if the RCA's aren't plugged in giving the amp signal from the H/U playing the test track. Leave the RCA's plugged in, unhook ONLY any speaker wire connected to do the tuning and redo both amps

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

No need for bass boost, if you need more power get a slightly bigger amp and use the -5 track to tune it. It probably sounded louder to you than before tuning because you were clipping them which is no bueno. This happened with my first setup, it was louder but after I DD1'd it the output wasn't as much but it sounded WAY better

I set the sub gain with track 1 because i heard it was better since it was at 0 db.

Idk which track is which on the CD because it's been so long since I've used a DD1 but personally I'd get the -7 track found on here for the sub amp

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Well no shit lol how's the DD1 gonna read the signal if the RCA's aren't plugged in giving the amp signal from the H/U playing the test track. Leave the RCA's plugged in, unhook ONLY any speaker wire connected to do the tuning and redo both amps

but the manual says you put the probe on the speaker terminal and unplug subs from the amp. do i have to just take the speaker wires off the sub box terminal and leave everything else plugged in??

Turn bass boost all the way down and try it again. Guarantee you won't have the problem anymore

ok yeah worked.. with bass boost turned down to 0 on amp was able to move gain from 0 to around .5V symbol which is a little more then halfway. definitely sounds cleaner. Now I have to start installing this second skin pro that just came in today.

Archived