Split beam torque wrench calibration?

I have access to a calibration tool.... However I don't know how to make the adjustment itself

It looks like there are two screws on the side presumably to tweak the calibration of the tool. However.... I don't know which one to tweak and I'd rather not go in there haphazardly turning screws hoping for the best. Any ideas?

These work different than the usual click style torque wrench where you turn the handle to adjust it. These have a knob on the side to set the torque. Completely different internally (which, I also can't seem ti find a diagram of how they work. No luck answering my own question there)

Note the screws covered in glue

WP_20140618_002_zpsab4b68ff.jpg

in for answer on this too. I know a lot of the techs would just hand off their *enter brand of tool* to the *enter tool truck brand* driver and have them do it or send off to get calibrated.

Lots of my guys use the twist style. Set to torque range, then spin handle back to loosen tension. I know the beam type you didn't have to set back to zero. Or that's what i hear from lots of people.

If it's worth building, it's worth over building.

image_zps27zlqdnx.jpg

We used that style at America's tires. Quick and easy to set the torque. Never really set it back to zero. Only time I remember doing that was at the end of the night. But how to rest it, I have no idea.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

And I should also say that I'm making a big assumption in that those screws on the side are how I make adjustments. I'm not sure if that's accurate or not :unknw:

Got it figured out!

Little mini-writeup for anyone who discovers this on Google with a similar question

----------------------------------------------------------------

Not going to discuss checking calibration or machines or anything. There are enough threads on how to do that. This is purely on how to make the adjustment itself since I've been unable to find anything that explains how
Anyhoo.... Look on the side of the torque-wrench opposite the adjustment dial. You'll see two security screws. Note that the one nearest to the head has a small hole in it. Just use a knife or a cutter to clear off the glue
FOT8A9F_zps6f79d3a3.jpg
In this hole is an adjustment screw. In my particular case, it was a 2mm hex key
WP_20140620_006_zpse80aef00.jpg
Yeah it really is that simple. Stick the hex key in there are get to work. No lock nuts to loosen or fuss with. For me, counter-clockwise would increase the torque at which the wrench would "click". Opposite for clockwise
WP_20140620_007_zpsfd69ff3a.jpg
Hope this helps someone :)

Archived