You need to check local city laws of whatever city you want to fight in. It is perfectly legal for consenting adults to fight in Seattle. Here is a vid of a drunk guy fighting MMA fighter Phoenix Jones on the street as cops stand by and watch-

Just call it what it is, you wanna start a ghetto fight club.

1st things first you better make sure anyone present is at least 18 years of age or older. If I came up on something like this and a minor was present id take pride in hauling everyone in on child endangerment and hitting you with every and any other charge I could find.

Now on to the rest of it. Some states have assault some states have battery. They both mean one party physically makes contact with the other in order to cause body harm. The level of harm caused determines what degree of assault or battery was committed. In an assay or battery case there has to be one person as the aggressor and one victim.

In your case you have two WILLING ADULTS CONSENTING to fight each other. As long as this is done on private property and in an area not visible to the general public as to cause a disturbance then go ahead and beat each other to within an inch of death if you line. But here is the kicker...... The minute one person becomes an unwilling participant he or she can claim assay or battery in the other. So I other words you may both start off ok with it but if someone in the middle of the throw down feels like changing their mind then the other person could fave charges. And then that's where the mess comes in.

MMA UFC boxing etc are all sanctioned at the local and state level by the gaming commisions in order to alleviate this type of liability in addition to 1000 and Ine other things. Long story short, it's not a good idea.

It was only a couple years ago in NY, when two teenagers (age 17) where so called play fighting. one got hit in the back of the head and died. They charged the other kid as an adult for murder. He pleaded out, but still went to prison.

I think the only way you could do this legally, would be to have something drawn up by a lawyer, inj insurance and some medical staff.

In short as others have stated, not a very good idea. Just opening yourself up for a lot of legal issues.

truthsayer

I am really surprised that you fucked up the definitions of assault and battery, Rolex. Assault can be anything threatening, with or without contact. Battery is any physical contact.

SO, you either have assault, or assault and battery. You cannot have battery without assault. But you can have assault without battery.

All that aside, these laws vary state to state. OP, why don't you all just sign up at a real gym, learn how to really fight, and stay out of trouble. How would you feel if you "accidentally" killed a coworker over some bullshit.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Here in Indiana we don't have any "Assault" laws it either falls into Battery or another charge, say a verbal "assault" I could charge you with intimidation. That's why I prefaced it by saying some states have this some states have that. And yes, by the pure definition of the two words you are correct. but here in Indiana we do it different

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived