Taking a POLYGRAPH test, anyone take one before?

I've taken three of them and failed every one of them. They measure your heart rate, body temperature, and breathing. Any changes in these will result in an increased probability that you are not being truthful. There are MANY people that can lie their asses off and pass a Polygraph, while there are others that can answer the questions truthfully and fail. They are a complete waste of time and have been discredited time and time again.

Many polygraphers will go over the questions with you ahead of time and reword them if need be in order for you to feel more comfortable with the way you answer them. At least with the one's I've dealt with, their goal is to get the test to where you can answer honestly and show no signs of a response to any of the questions.

So, be sure to get plenty of sleep before the test (they ask about such as well to ensure you are fit to take the test) and remain calm and breath regularly. Any change in your breathing will raise red flags, this is how I have failed every one of them. apparently I stop breathing to think instead of just answering or something. Hell, it could just be that I have an irregular breathing pattern to begin with. Nevertheless, I've been called on my breathing with every test and after they crunh the data, the final outcome is that I'm hiding something, thus, it's dubbed a fail.

I've taken three of them and failed every one of them. They measure your heart rate, body temperature, and breathing. Any changes in these will result in an increased probability that you are not being truthful. There are MANY people that can lie their asses off and pass a Polygraph, while there are others that can answer the questions truthfully and fail. They are a complete waste of time and have been discredited time and time again.

Many polygraphers will go over the questions with you ahead of time and reword them if need be in order for you to feel more comfortable with the way you answer them. At least with the one's I've dealt with, their goal is to get the test to where you can answer honestly and show no signs of a response to any of the questions.

So, be sure to get plenty of sleep before the test (they ask about such as well to ensure you are fit to take the test) and remain calm and breath regularly. Any change in your breathing will raise red flags, this is how I have failed every one of them. apparently I stop breathing to think instead of just answering or something. Hell, it could just be that I have an irregular breathing pattern to begin with. Nevertheless, I've been called on my breathing with every test and after they crunh the data, the final outcome is that I'm hiding something, thus, it's dubbed a fail.

jesus... i hate to hear that shit. thanks for the reply tho

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Yeah, sorry. I'm just telling you "my" experience with them. I have to take one every six months, got another coming up in October. Probably fail it too. LOL

With the situation you're in and why you will be taking it, I think you'll be fine.

I think the next time, I'm going to purposely lie on the control question and see what sort of results arise. The two control questions i get asked are if my name is __ __ __ in which I say yes and the other is, are you sitting down, in which I answer yes. I think I'll say no on one or both of them to see what sort of reaction happens. With the testing I've had, I have never been asked to purposely lie to get any sort of data on a reaction. It probably differs from polygrapher to polygrapher though.

I've made a couple simple ones for some of the classes I taught this past year. All they pretty much do is measure changes to various aspects of your physiological response. They are almost utterly useless for anything serious. I'm not sure the reasoning for why you will be taking one, but it should be no sweat. Just remain calm and you should do fine.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Remain calm. Easier said than done, I've always been a nervous person, but thanks.

As for why I will be taking it, well... I'd rather not get into that. Oh what the hell, I haven't all that much to hide. I made a mistake back in 2008 and it finally came back to haunt me a year an a half ago. The result, I got placed on corrections for 3 years and must submit to a polygraph every 6 months while on corrections. even though I've failed each one, they've done nothing to revoke me. The questions I've failed were not as important to them as the ones I passed (apparently), but a reading of any significant response to any question dubs the entire test a fail.

As you know I took one for the sheriff's department and have to go back in for a second one. It's nerve racking or at least it was for me. Just try to be calm and answer honestly. I did but guess I need to retake. Got another one on the 3rd next month. Good luck next week man.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Everyone is nervous going into the polygraph, hence the baseline questions to start to see where ur levels are. Just be honest about everything, if you have nothing to hide then it shouldn't be an issue. I've taken 3 of them over the past 5 years for work, all of them the biggest PITA part was when they would pretty much ask the same question repeatedly but worded in a different manner to see if you will slip up. Just make sure to get a good night of sleep and lay off of anything out of the ordinary that could raise or drop your heart rate/BP.

2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx

- Alpine CDA-9885

- Rainbow CSX Comps

- (2) 12" Sundown Zv4

- Sundown 5K

- 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk

- 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s

- 150.4 @ Dash as of now

Took one for the USAF. Just be 100% honest. Even if you smoked weed several times or did some craziness as a teenager, just tell them.. Honesty is what they are looking for.

GeekSquad Autotech

MECP Basic Installer - CEA251901

2006 Honda Civic EX

HU - Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794

Fronts - Polk Audio DXI651 6.5"s

Rears - Stock

Sub - Kenwood KFC-W3013PS 12"

Amp - Pioneer GM-D8601

Electrical - Stock

I just took a "voice stress analyzer" test for the CHP. And how they did it with me was they had the long conversation, then they asked me the group of questions they needed, then they repeated the questions just in case my "nervousness" showed up as me lying.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Archived