Cj Kumz Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 Hey guys. I am doing up a build for two 12" HDC3s in a bmw trunk. So here is the deal, there is a hand rest in the back where I can cut through. It should be like 12 x 8 inches. I will verify when I measure. I wanna build a box with subs back and port through the hand rest hole. And thoughts and ideas people?? Any help will be appreciated Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Robert8252 Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 4th order would be king in the situation. 2013 F150 Crew Cab Old Build Log Feedback 2013 F150 Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff
Cj Kumz Posted June 25, 2014 Author Report Posted June 25, 2014 Yah very true. Though the owner wants to be able to see his subs from the trunk lol. Thnx a lot anyway, will try your idea in my next trunk car Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
thefourth Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 Why subs back ? Specifically is there a reason for that orientation? It's going to be tough designing a proper box with that port/woofer orientation. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
timc31610 Posted June 25, 2014 Report Posted June 25, 2014 4th order with a big plexi window! My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Cj Kumz Posted June 25, 2014 Author Report Posted June 25, 2014 No apparent reason just wanna know the best output setup. Had come up with this earlier But seems the 4th would be better according to everyone here. And I have never done bandpass before, so was trying to run away from it lol. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
g2shuck Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 Ski hole blowthrough 4th also gets my vote. I don't like the idea of the subs and port on opposite sides. 2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk Sky High OFC Wiring DC Power 270 XP Alt AQ 2200 Sub Amp Two DC Level 4 m2 12s 80 Mil Murdetmat Gathering Parts For Wall Build. Team DC Audio 2014 Member
timc31610 Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 With a BMW it will be difficult to get any sound from the trunk into the cabin if you plug up the ski hole with the port. But a 4th order for two hdc's will be pretty big. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Cj Kumz Posted June 26, 2014 Author Report Posted June 26, 2014 Ok thanks guys. Uhmm how big exactly should the box be? And even though the subs are designed for ported, will they do well in the sealed part of the chamber? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted June 26, 2014 Author Report Posted June 26, 2014 How does this idea look people. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.