GassenD Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 I got a box built for my 2 Sundown SA 15's about a month ago, and I got to thinking about it and I'm wondering if it's too big? Box Dimensions W: 40" H: 16" L: 27" Double 3/4" MDF (All around including port) Port Dimensions W: 7" H: 13" L: 19" When I do the calculators I get a 10 ft^3 gross, and 6.6 Net volume.. And tuned to around 36/37Hz... Just wondering if this box is too large? and if I should get a new box.. Also I'm running these on a SQ 2200D @ 1ohm. '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
Cj Kumz Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 Are you experiencing any problems with the current box?? Sundown recommends 3-4 cubes for rated power if I'm not mistaken. But in your case you running twice rated power so maybe around 3 cubes each should be ok. Try put sum blocks of wood inside to displace till you get a volume that sounds right. But if you not bottoming out in your current box you should be k Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
FocusOn20s Posted June 26, 2014 Report Posted June 26, 2014 The SA's really should be labeled as 1k rms subs You will be fine. That's 3.3cf each for around 1100 rms each, which is reaching. Probably around 800 - 900 rms each after rise, if that
Joe X Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 Engage your amp subsonic filter to 28Hz. Now why are you asking? Having trouble with your setup? If so explain.
Cj Kumz Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 ^^^ x2 Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
GassenD Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 No real trouble, I can play 31-50hz no problem, but once I hit anything under 30 it doesn't seem very audible but I can still feel it get low.. But they never bottom out.. '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
GassenD Posted June 28, 2014 Author Report Posted June 28, 2014 Could that be also because I was using a "budget" amp? I had a Hifonics BRX 2000. I heard from a few people some budget amps can't really handle lows very well? I haven't gotten the chance to try out the SQ2200 yet.. '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
Cj Kumz Posted June 28, 2014 Report Posted June 28, 2014 Most subs will play around 4-6 hz below tuning so I wouldn't be surprised if you not get much from the 20s. Where is your subsonic set on?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
GassenD Posted June 28, 2014 Author Report Posted June 28, 2014 I wanna say I had it about 28hz '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
GassenD Posted June 28, 2014 Author Report Posted June 28, 2014 So ill see how this new amp does on it, That would explain why it does great down to about 30/31 but last that it's slopes off a lot.. Just figuring out some stuff while I'm beatless till I get around to putting in the new amp.. '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.