Grant Whalen Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 not sure if this is the right place to post this but i need help with a box for a 2012 impala ls. sundown x 15 and preferrably sub and port forward. if someone wanted to build a box and ship it i would pay then obviously. looking for low 30s right around 32-34 hz.
thefourth Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 Gonna be A LOT of dough just to ship a box. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Triticum Agricolam Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 When it comes to shipping boxes its not so much the weight as it is the size. I know FedEx and UPS have a fee table for size and fee table for weight and then they charge you which ever one is more. To ship a box that size it can easily be over $100, it really depends on how far it has to go though. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Grant Whalen Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 I'm in Minnesota I'm more looking for help with building one I'm not a pro and definitely not a novice but I would like if am wine built one I'd pay for sure
thefourth Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 I'm in Minnesota I'm more looking for help with building one I'm not a pro and definitely not a novice but I would like if am wine built one I'd pay for sure Max dimensions, and amp power are going to be needed for someone to sketch up something for you. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Grant Whalen Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 Saz 2000 and I have to get dimensions but there are plenty of 12 impala a on here to get dimensions from
TDZ13 Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 Shipping is absolutely gonna kill you, even out of birch.. Even if you're not confident building yourself, see if anyone is local, would save u a ton of $$. Once u post up the max dimensions and if someone would be kind enough to design one for ya, just make sure once u build it to make a cardboard mock up first to make sure it fits through the trunk opening. I've seen it happen many times and have had customers that I've done builds for try to blame me for it not fitting. U mentioned you wanted sub/port forward, I'm guessing through the back seat opening. Are u planning on completely sealing it off from trunk so it only fires into the cabin? If not I'd recommend doing traditional sub/port facing trunk lid w/ at least 4-6" of space from port to trunk lid and deaden the hell out of it. 2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx - Alpine CDA-9885 - Rainbow CSX Comps - (2) 12" Sundown Zv4 - Sundown 5K - 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk - 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s - 150.4 @ Dash as of now
Grant Whalen Posted June 27, 2014 Author Report Posted June 27, 2014 I was looking I to deadening the hell out of the lid upper deck and side panels but I just am playing around with ideas cause I would really like to seal it off with foam or something
Joe X Posted June 27, 2014 Report Posted June 27, 2014 So here is a suggestion to build yourself, just have the pieces cut free for you at home depot and glue them together yourself, you will just need a jigsaw for the sub cutout, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide: NOTE: Dimensions are suggested so you NEED to verify the actually work. Also, If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.