Sundown Audio

Going For 10,000 Watts Rms

bassmachine

I hear you but its something noones never done and i know i can do, I have a Large gap in my enginge ive tested n measured my friend, and suspension is already covered.

make sure the drivetrain is up to par too, me and a friend put a wall in an LHS, and it ended up blowing his tranny. you have to figure a wall is going to run an extra 500 pounds or so for the wood. not sure about the subs, so Im going to say 200 pounds for 4 of those. 6 batteries @ roughly 50 pounds a piece is 300 pounds, amps maybe 100 pounds for those, and even the wire needs to be accounted for. 100 ft of 0 gauge ain't light. maybe 50-75 pounds for that. so you're talking about 1150-1200ish pounds you're adding to the ass end of your car. like I said other than the alts I think it can be done, but it's one of those, "if you have to ask" type of deals. only an experienced installer/fabricator should try something like this since it is going to be ALOT more than slapping together a wall in a car. If you want to try it you know we will try to help you, but there are some things you can't be taught over the net. I am just trying to talk you out of spending alot of money you shouldn't. 20kw is no joke, and you have to make sure every single part of your car can handle it since the weak link is what will end up fucking you in the end.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

The Camry engine will not handle 4 alternators attached to it. It will stall as soon as there is load present. You are talking about generating 800 Amperes at 15V. We have a 1000 Ampere/12V genset on the boat. She is a 6 cylinder turbo diesel Perkins motor, run at 1500rpm. The camry motor will not run, no matter how much of a gap you have.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

another SMD groupie wanna be, stop talking dumb, get some cheap ass kicker L7's and a orion 2500 or a kicker kx2500.1 and garuntee that would be plenty for your virgin ears

15" LMS Ultra

AB VFL 200.1 3kw+ rms@ 1 ohm <-- 500.1 in near furture

3.5 cubes at 34 hertz

2 Exide Orbital's

200 Amp EA Alt

125 sq ft BXT

3. there is no way in hell you are going to fit 4 200 amp alts. in a camary...so I would suggest finding another car first...and by car I mean SUV.

I hope you are able to pull off a 20k watt system, but I seriously think you are underestimating what it is going to take.

x2. i got an SUV and 2 alts would be a tight fit let alone 4. it's easy to underestimate what's needed to finish a task/project. not saying you cant/wont do it...just skeptical. i wanna see it happen tho if you're gonna go through with it ;)

Yes please do its getting out of control. and 4 alternators may be to much huh, let me just start off with 2

2 is feasible, and i think when you see how big of a pain in the ass it is getting 2 in there you will see what I'm trying to say.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

Archived