Second Skin Audio

Test: 2 Kicker Cvr 15s

No riders for me on this trip. Will have an empty seat on the way down if you know anybody that needs a ride .... but ... I'm going to spend a few extra days in FL to visit family so I can only offer a one way ticket.

I think I95 is about 3 hours from here...

okay cool. gonna need to meet us in sumter. think you can make that in two hours or so. Do you live on this side of Ander. or the far side?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs

It'll play music w/ a swap of the ports. :D

Not for long on strapped Sundowns...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

But thats why the jumpers are on the outside of the box. ;) A few seconds to switch the wires then turn down the remote gain and they'll play music all day long. B)

true, but i know how you play your music.

Currently Rebuilding....

I do box designs.

The results are in. 147.3 @ 45hz off a single Sundown saz-1500d @ 0.5ohm. As usual the amplifier was clamped and playing a 50hz test tone the output was 42.2v & 64.1a for a total of 2700watts. :o We couldn't believe it so I clamped the input side and current draw was 315a w/ voltage drop from 14.3 to 12.8. That equals 2700watts @ 67% efficiency w/ rise to 0.65ohm. These amplifiers continue to impress me more and more. The box ended up being 5.5ft w/ four 4" aeros tuned to 35hz. I did try stapping a pair @ 0.25ohm each but they didn't like that very much and went into protect before proper results could be reached. In previous tests we've seen a solid 3-4db gain by switching from a single amp to a pair strapped. I have no doubt that these would hit a 150 if only I could keep the amps awake.

Here's one of the vids. Both 1500s are sitting in the back but only one is hooked up and I told bangin to make sure to get that in the vid. The lil RF amp on the side is what powers my door speakers. Ass soon as it uploads I'll add a vid of this setup playing music.

th_cvr1473.jpg

One of these damn links better work.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b126/der...ent=cvr1473.flv

Edited by Derrick824

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

links not working, try again

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.