Mixing alternators?

I have a big Singer hairpin alt., externally reg'd. He estimates 430+ amps at 1800ish rpm, and if I remember correctly it put out 260 at alt. idle (which is not engine idle). Engine idles 7-800, alt turns on at about 1100.

I'm sooner than later going to be installing another alt, one with engine idle output. Lets say it makes 200 amps at engine idle and 300 amps at 1800rpm. So a total of 730 amps at 1800. Lets say I have 700 amps of draw. I know to a certain point both alts share the load, but does that change when one alt is working harder than the other?

I have a big Singer hairpin alt., externally reg'd. He estimates 430+ amps at 1800ish rpm, and if I remember correctly it put out 260 at alt. idle (which is not engine idle). Engine idles 7-800, alt turns on at about 1100.

I'm sooner than later going to be installing another alt, one with engine idle output. Lets say it makes 200 amps at engine idle and 300 amps at 1800rpm. So a total of 730 amps at 1800. Lets say I have 700 amps of draw. I know to a certain point both alts share the load, but does that change when one alt is working harder than the other?

??

what?

largest alts on the planet dont do over 400?

you miss heard or miss read.

Please please dont tell lies against a maker please.

3 the same

one different (smaller, but more at idle)

scottalts_zps1345fbc4.jpg

also...

no way Mike told you it would do over 400amp no way.. show me this convo. Cuz, im asking him now

(dude, dont speak for others in the wrong... ever)

got ya...

i recall now

that said..

You will never see 400amp .... real world dude.....'

also..hes telling you WHAT it can do.

in your car..

expect around 2/3's. hot and real world.

No way youll see 400 amp off anything..... not dc not mechman, not anything......

If you can show me a vid of a single alt even (with no other pull on the same belt, like a 3 or 4 set up) show me.....

At the end

NO, mixing wont hurt you.. the alt will turn on, like the others and feed what it can when it can.

Done

If you would quit with the internet nazi routine, and the pm's telling me to "watch" what I post....please

"MY" question wasn't about the big alt., it was about the smaller one. I could care less if MY big alt puts out 430, but it WILL put out MORE than the next SMALLER alt that I put on.

For ANYONE else out there, will the smaller alt be working TOO hard under full load? Should I send the big alt back to be rebuilt for engine idle output, and get another matching alt.

If you would quit with the internet nazi routine, and the pm's telling me to "watch" what I post....please

"MY" question wasn't about the big alt., it was about the smaller one. I could care less if MY big alt puts out 430, but it WILL put out MORE than the next SMALLER alt that I put on.

For ANYONE else out there, will the smaller alt be working TOO hard under full load? Should I send the big alt back to be rebuilt for engine idle output, and get another matching alt.

NO

LIKE I SAID above

turn on would be same.

You do NOT need same same.

One will turn on here, other there..

AGAIN

like you did NOT read.. im doing a 270hp and 350 3ph

they will work together FINE

Cool? Fine? Get it?

Archived