big 3 fuse location

yea like ray said. some wires pass through the fuse box, some dont. mine doesnt. just add on to the existing wires like he said. do that with all the upgrades with the big 3. leave everything alone, just add. another thing, ive heard sometimes if theres a short in your electrical system, ur battery can explode.

That is true...I saw the aftermath of that happening. It ain't pretty. Happened to an 05 Galant. The guy hooked up his system himself instead of the shop where he bought it all from. Well he ran the power wire through the fold down back seat and wasn't careful not to pinch it off when the seat was up. Well that happened and it arc'd...bad. So bad it melted the wire all along the drivers side of the car where he ran the wire, through the door jamb, where it also melted the wires for the windows, power locks, and power mirrors. Went through the firewall, into the fusebox, which blew up, and to the battery, which blew up. It got so hot that the paint on the drivers side fender blistered, melted all the plastic the wire touched along the way, and the battery acid ate up his engine compartment. All because he put the fuse between the amp and back seat, not closer to the battery like he should have done. He paid $11,000 for the car brand new (05 model close out) and did over $6000 in damage within a week. 

So yeah, batteries can explode.

That is true...I saw the aftermath of that happening. It ain't pretty. Happened to an 05 Galant. The guy hooked up his system himself instead of the shop where he bought it all from. Well he ran the power wire through the fold down back seat and wasn't careful not to pinch it off when the seat was up. Well that happened and it arc'd...bad. So bad it melted the wire all along the drivers side of the car where he ran the wire, through the door jamb, where it also melted the wires for the windows, power locks, and power mirrors. Went through the firewall, into the fusebox, which blew up, and to the battery, which blew up. It got so hot that the paint on the drivers side fender blistered, melted all the plastic the wire touched along the way, and the battery acid ate up his engine compartment. All because he put the fuse between the amp and back seat, not closer to the battery like he should have done. He paid $11,000 for the car brand new (05 model close out) and did over $6000 in damage within a week. 

So yeah, batteries can explode.

damn man, that sucks. destoyed a brand new car :o at least he got a good deal on it($11,000 brand new)....

Nobody makes me bleed my own blood, NOBODY!!!

well not fuse a 15ft run is stupid.

big difference form not fuse just the run under the hood.

some people are going to tell you to fuse it and some are going to say dont fuse it..

who's right?

well, technically yeah you should fuse any wire that carries any type of load.

I never have fused a alt charge wire.

I have doen a "FEW" big 3 upgrades over my years.  .......lol @ few

do whatever makes you feel comfortable mang

enjoy car audio..

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Well my stock wire that goes from my alt to my bat + is not going through any fuse box, I dont want to fry my 300amp alt, or my redtop, so I got a 250amp stinger breaker on it. I see that Meade himself also has his big 3 fused. Ive also read tons of times to fuse it. So theres a bunch of people doing it. Why take the risk of frying a $3000 amp, or a $400 alt, or even a $140 battery when it can be prevented? Right? right.

If you got a spare fuse or breaker do it, Its not going to take you but and extra 5 minutes.

Not trying to be harsh or anything, but if its worth doing, do it right the first time.

Exactly.

That guy did put a fuse in his car though...he just put it in the trunk about a foot away from the amp instead of under the hood like he should have. So when the wire pinched that's why it went to the fuse box and battery without stopping. 

A fuse is to protect the wire, nothing else. Period.

Very basic stuff here, the fuse doesnt care if its connected to a million $$$ amp... Its purpose is to stop that wire from burning the car down.

Glad your all done with that.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz