6.5 or super tweeter and mids

Harley Anderson

hi guys, im new to the forum and have read up on a lot of stuff but i cant find any good reviews or suggestions. i was looking at two 6.5 and a mid and super tweet but im questioning if its worth it. should i get a super tweet and mids or go with the original plan of two 6.5 one super tweet and one mid bass driver. planning on 2 15 dc lvl 4 with xl upgrades if you want to know. thanks

if you do go with pro audio I would stay with 2 mids and 1 tweet per. because a lot of times the highs are over powering the mids

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

How much bass do you have to make you think about pro audio?

Also, when you order PA you need to either build crossovers or go active crossovers. If you send 6 kHz+ through I doubt you would like it one bit, not to mention if you have sub-bass playing through it will make it harder to interpret the sound; and we can't forget about blowing tweeters by sending sub-bass through them.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

i just figured, i would rather have too loud highs and mids than not loud enough. i was thinking about some focal speakers, 2 sets not sure really but im not wanting to spend anymore than 400 a set, around 300 i would be more comfortable though. running off a alpine pdx-4. looking for more sq than loudness

SQ does not get loud, and to get PA speakers to sound even reasonable you need to get an equalizer. Then after that you need to either have extremely well trained ears to tune the system or you need an RTA to find the peaks and valleys in the response caused by the install, the acoustics, and the speakers.

Just find a good component set and go with that.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived