DD-1 help

I have a chrysler 300c im trying to measure the stock head unit through the back rear deck speakers

I turn it up im getting a signal but the 40k and 1k detect lights arent lighting up

2015 F-150 Platnuim

Did the volume max out without getting 40hz and 1khz detect lights?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Yes volume maxxed out from what im reading is my stock radio doesnt seem to be putting out enough voltage for the dd1 to pick up the detect.

Is there any way around this?

2015 F-150 Platnuim

Well, at max volume the factory speakers will surely be distorted. I'd find the highest volume level on music to the ear. My Mustangs factory stereo was loud as fuck at just one click past half.

Then, hook up the LC2, and set the HU to the previously determined volume. Then hook up the DD1 to the LC2 and adjust the gain on it.

Finally, hook up the amp and DD1 to it, and set the gains. (assuming you get a signal through the line driver).

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Is there any way to up the voltage of my head unit at full vol it sounds fine should i just back it off a few then set the lc2i

2015 F-150 Platnuim

Is there any way to up the voltage of my head unit at full vol it sounds fine should i just back it off a few then set the lc2i

You should be able to check for distortion on the back end of the LC2 just like we look for distortion (from the head unit) on the amp outputs. At least that's my understanding. Just turn the LC2 up enough to get the 40 hz and 1khz lights to light, then keep turning up the head unit volume to see what level you get distortion at. Back off the head unit volume, keep turning up the LC2 until you get distortion there.

I'm by no means a DD1 expert, but that all kinda makes sense to me. Anyone else see a problem with that logic?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Archived