Extra wire here??? Help please.

I'm getting ready to install my 80prs (currently have an old alpine installed so should be a fairly quick swap). My problem is that there's an extra blue wire on my current installation that is not on the harness for the 80prs. Picture below.

I'm sure there's a simple explanation to this and I'm probably going to feel like an idiot once answered! Thanks for the help though!

photo1_zpsc5687240.jpg

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

#anothershittysingerbuild

the blues are usually power antenna, and remote turn on.....can't remember which has the white stripe, but judging by the pic, the power antenna is solid blue; remote is white stripe

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

blue and white is power remote and I don't have a power antenna, so should I not worry about it? The weird thing is that the all blue is hooked up......

I didn't do the original install for the Alpine.

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

if you don't have power antenna, I don't believe there's a use for it. However, I have seen/heard of some weird stuff being controlled by it. check the harness coming from the car. If it's an open spot, your fine. if it isn't, I'd turn the car on (and the radio) and check the wire with a DMM when it's on the radio setting.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

if you don't have power antenna, I don't believe there's a use for it. However, I have seen/heard of some weird stuff being controlled by it. check the harness coming from the car. If it's an open spot, your fine. if it isn't, I'd turn the car on (and the radio) and check the wire with a DMM when it's on the radio setting.

Will do. Thanks!

UPDATE: ended up just capping it off and everything is running fine. Thanks again for the help!

Singer Alternators

Team Asshole

Archived