Mid placement help & opinions please.....

bcbrassard

Ok, so heres how the mids are configured now. About to begin glassing doors and having placement issues with the T2s & T3s.

03lancerupgrade3019_zps35694a99.jpg

So T2s in the kicks and rear doors, T3s in the door behind factory panels.

2014midbassspeakers005_zps9b175c88.jpg

I just bought these and test them out, so these in the kicks and glass in the T2s & T3s in the doors.

So i would have loved to put 2 sets of T3s in the door but the budget says no right now. Anyone see a problem with these two drivers playing next to one another?

I am a bit OCD and having three different drivers up front is driving me nuts. I have a set of RF grilles for the CDT so thats covered but the two different looks of the T series next to one another might drive me mad even if i where to paint the T3s black to match!

If it was mine, I'd stay out of the doors and vent your kicks ...

just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

OH SHIT! First response from the master! Damn. Well i planned on putting the midbass driver into the kicks and looking into venting them like you suggested. Keep what out of my doors? All the midrange speakers or Midbass?

I would not put any midbass in the doors. too much vibration that will cause you trouble in the long run ... wanna see an example ?? Look at my doors on the truck ... LOL

Also, easier to time align in the kicks (midbass) ...

as for mid range ... what diameter drivers you plan to use for mid range ??

one benefit you have ... You could drop the rear tweeters, bump up your midbass in your rear doors, and time align your rears to your front drivers ...

You wouldn't believe the difference ...

What do you have in the kicks and rear doors now ?? 6.5" drivers ??

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Me personally ... The only thing I would use as a "mid range" driver is a 4" drivere or a 5.25" driver ... and they would go nowhere but in the dash !!!

First off thank you for your help, as you have in the past.

I would not put any midbass in the doors. too much vibration that will cause you trouble in the long run ... wanna see an example ?? Look at my doors on the truck ... LOL

Also, easier to time align in the kicks (midbass) ...

as for mid range ... what diameter drivers you plan to use for mid range ?? All drivers are 6.5"

one benefit you have ... You could drop the rear tweeters, bump up your midbass in your rear doors, and time align your rears to your front drivers ...

You wouldn't believe the difference ...

What do you have in the kicks and rear doors now ?? 6.5" drivers ?? 6.5" CDT will go into the kicker panels. Move the T2s that are in there now into the doors along with the T3 when all glassed up. Just worried about the sound quality having 2 different drivers next to each other.

Ever since i redid the sub stage i would like a bit more midbass to help keep up with the substage.... and it would look bad ass.

Me personally ... The only thing I would use as a "mid range" driver is a 4" drivere or a 5.25" driver ... and they would go nowhere but in the dash !!!

I hear ya there, its all a learning experience for me. Need to use what i have and dont really want to cover up hole in panels due to removing speakers. I have always said the system sounds good to me but can always sound better. I wanted a SQ system to start with but SQL is the goal now. Plus i like trying to fiberglass to get better at it. I know Less is More... But with the lack of power my amps put out and with as many as i have more driver will help keep up with substage.

6.5" CDT will go into the kicker panels. Move the T2s that are in there now into the doors along with the T3 when all glassed up. Just worried about the sound quality having 2 different drivers next to each other.

Ever since i redid the sub stage i would like a bit more midbass to help keep up with the substage.... and it would look bad ass.

Your welcome ...

From the way the pics look, If I could set it up the way I wanted ... I would do 4 8" drivers (pair in the kicks / pair in the rear doors), a pair of 4" midbass drivers in the dash (Flat), and the front tweets where they are ... Throw in some time alignment ........ and I would bet my last dime that the front stage would absolutely over power your sub stage because I would have no low end roll off on the 8" drivers and wouldn't need subs for SQ ... the set the subs up for outlaw SPL when needed ...

You yank the kicks, properly vent them, and give them a good seal ... no one would EVER expect that kind of output from kicks ... and sound good to boot !!!

BTW ... When I give advice, It's mainly for SQL that can do SQ and SPL

6.5" CDT will go into the kicker panels. Move the T2s that are in there now into the doors along with the T3 when all glassed up. Just worried about the sound quality having 2 different drivers next to each other.

Your welcome ...

From the way the pics look, If I could set it up the way I wanted ... I would do 4 8" drivers (pair in the kicks / pair in the rear doors), a pair of 4" midbass drivers in the dash (Flat), and the front tweets where they are ... Throw in some time alignment ........ and I would bet my last dime that the front stage would absolutely over power your sub stage because I would have no low end roll off on the 8" drivers and wouldn't need subs for SQ ... the set the subs up for outlaw SPL when needed ...

You are the master and i agree. I really wanted 8" drivers in the kicks but car was too small to fit them in. Then i wanted them in the doors but again i felt they where to big so i thought another set of 6.5s would help. I have thought about 8s in the rear doors before but that would be down the line as the soon to be wife is tired of my audio addiction spending. which i cant blame her since i have about 5k into it. And she wants a nice wedding and honeymoon in hawaii.

Just trying to work with what i have. A SMD member got a demo and though i had the subs turned down when they where turned off so there is some midbass now just not to my liking and this winters tear down will be more deadener and accoustic foam to stop the unwanted rattles...

Archived