Second Skin Audio

6-4 dvc orion xtrpro 15s need help worth ohms

I'm looking at buying six orion xtrpro 15s dvc 4ohm. I have a decent knowledge of ohms and wiring but I'm stumped on how I can wire these down close to one ohm. They will be hooked to a sundown audio saz-3000d. If I wire some in series and some in parallel will those with higher ohms not sound or work differently than those with lower ohms or will it basically be whatever the end ohm load is will be how they all act?

or you could make it a lot easier and series all 6, then wire all 6 in parallel to get 1.33.

like so....

14429438378_fe2b2f9266_o.jpg

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Of course, that would be the easy way, which is why it was troubling me. I kept trying to make this way harder than it is. Ok, with that figured out, how would I figure what my amp wattage would be now? The known rms for that amp is 800@4 ohm, 1600@2 ohm, and 3000@1 ohm (perfect world of course) I'm thinking at 1.33ohms it'll be about 2500 RMS maybe? And of course I hate to give up 500 watts so maybe I'll just stay with my 2 fi audio bl-18's 1ohm dvc wired at 1 ohm mono so I keep my total wattage. I was just trying to up my surface area of the subwoofer but I don't know which is better.

Of course, that would be the easy way, which is why it was troubling me. I kept trying to make this way harder than it is. Ok, with that figured out, how would I figure what my amp wattage would be now? The known rms for that amp is 800@4 ohm, 1600@2 ohm, and 3000@1 ohm (perfect world of course) I'm thinking at 1.33ohms it'll be about 2500 RMS maybe? And of course I hate to give up 500 watts so maybe I'll just stay with my 2 fi audio bl-18's 1ohm dvc wired at 1 ohm mono so I keep my total wattage. I was just trying to up my surface area of the subwoofer but I don't know which is better.

There is a difference between resistance and impedance. Your not going to stay at 1.3 ohm at all times, your speakers impedance will change with frequency.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Ok, basically "in theory" if everything was created equal, a couple of sub's running low ohms max watts would be felt more than several sub's running higher ohms with less wattage?

Install dependent

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

Archived