Dubuang Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 On the left is Torres Tuning Calculator, on the Right is the sketchup of the SA8 Box from Sundown.com. I know i did the calculations wrong in Torres. I know the common walls are supposed to be 3, but when I did that it gave me a tuning freq of 28hz. What did I do wrong in the Torres program? Please if you can, post a Screen Shot of How the numbers are supposed to look, Thank you.
timc31610 Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 It would be 3 common walls, as far as the tuning being off, how did you calculate the length of the port? My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Dubuang Posted July 11, 2014 Author Report Posted July 11, 2014 It would be 3 common walls, as far as the tuning being off, how did you calculate the length of the port? How I calculated length of port was I added the three port boards together, but i added an addition 1.5" because two of the boards don't account for the extra .75". This maybe wrong, but I still did it without adding the 1.5" and I still got a tuning in the 25-28's when adding 3 common walls. So basically I did 15" + 13" + 9.25" = 37.25. But Like I said without adding the 1.5" it still gave me a tuning in the 20's...
timc31610 Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 Tuning is measured down the center of the port, so if your port is 4" wide you would measure 2" off the port wall down the entire length. I have tried to run a few of their boxes in torress and got low tunings as well. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Guest Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 its required that you put "3" in for # of common port walls. shorten port. 28hz is too low for an 8.
Dubuang Posted July 11, 2014 Author Report Posted July 11, 2014 its required that you put "3" in for # of common port walls. shorten port. 28hz is too low for an 8. These are the exact specs for this box and thats the sketchup sundown provided. By changing the port shorter I would be changing their design. I just want to learn the Torres program so if anyone has time if they can do this exact same box in Torres real quick and post a Screen Shot for me I would appreciate it, but it has to be the "Right Way" haha... It only takes a minute if you know how to use the program, thanks.
OrionStang Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 That port is too long making for tuning way too low. You want to tune that thing around 35hz, WITH common port walls at "3". Shorten up the port. No need to follow a sketchup if it is off. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
OrionStang Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 If you add up the port in the picture, its over 40". SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Dubuang Posted July 11, 2014 Author Report Posted July 11, 2014 If you add up the port in the picture, its over 40". How did you add the port to get over 40? I just added 15" + 13" + 9.25" = 37.25. Let me know if you can so I can know what I did wrong. So does anyone here know how to use Torres that's willing to help and do this box on the program so I can see how it's properly done. I just want to see where the numbers go, etc. A lot of you guys are trying to help and I appreciate it, but this topic was about aimed towards helping me learn Torres not me building this exact box.
OrionStang Posted July 11, 2014 Report Posted July 11, 2014 15+1.25+13+1.25+8.5+end correction The bottom line is its wrong. You say you want to learn how to use Torres, but you aren't listening. Common port walls is 3, PERIOD, on this type of design. To raise the tuning, you can shorten the port, widen the port, or shrink the box size. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.