Rlciv87 Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 I would like to know which box would have greater output. Will a box with the sub up port facing the trunk be louder than a box facing into the cabin? Sending close to 3k to the sp4. Good electrical also. Would any body consider designing a box for me? Max Dimensions H=16.75,W=40, D=25. I have to build in the trunk also
OrionStang Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 Sub/port forward will probably get loudest. What car is this in? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Aj11 Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 all depends on the car/truck/suv usually sub up in a car sucks. causes allot of rattle. for a trunk car what i usually find is the loudest is port and sub facing the cabin but having the box pushed all the way back in the trunk. that's unless your sealing off. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Ritch40 Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 what type of music do you generally listen to? are you looking for more of an SPL or SQ design?
OrionStang Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 In a 2011 malibu Definitely firing forward. If you don't need trunk space, push the box as far back into the trunk as you can. But whether its pushed back, or forward right against the seat opening, sealed off yields higher output in most cases. what type of music do you generally listen to? are you looking for more of an SPL or SQ design? Dude, just don't. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
boom50cal Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 have fun, Malibu trunks are wide and long, just not high at all...but that's pretty similar to my dimensions I used for my 15 in the trunk. I'll be the guy to recommend a TON of port. And plan a lot. A LOT. the more planning and mock up you do, the easier the install is going to be. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
OrionStang Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 have fun, Malibu trunks are wide and long, just not high at all...but that's pretty similar to my dimensions I used for my 15 in the trunk. I'll be the guy to recommend a TON of port. And plan a lot. A LOT. the more planning and mock up you do, the easier the install is going to be. "60-70 of port is plenty. I still have the design for an SP4 15 in my Mustang. Building in the trunk isn't so bad if you plan the cutsheet right. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Ritch40 Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 here is what i came up with I am hoping that someone with more knowledge chimes in though. i hope this helps
Ritch40 Posted July 12, 2014 Report Posted July 12, 2014 here is what i came up with I am hoping that someone with more knowledge chimes in though. i hope this helps
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.