Cj Kumz Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 Hey people doing a box for a mate for the re sub. Need some box ideas. This will just be a daily setup. Car : Toyota RunX Dimensions: 17H x 35W x 20D (Haven't measured myself yet but that's what he gave me) Amp : Ground Zero Titanium 1200 dx (1400 rms) Sub : RE Audio Sx pro 15'' (1000rms) Any input will be appreciated. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
boom50cal Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 Well according to SonicElectronix it needs 3-4 cubes, so I gave it a shot. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Cj Kumz Posted July 14, 2014 Author Report Posted July 14, 2014 Thanks alot. Look very good. Shouldn't it be 3 common walls since its touching top bottom and side?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
timc31610 Posted July 14, 2014 Report Posted July 14, 2014 Yep should be three, you will likely need to add a little length to the port to get the tuning up a little. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
TDZ13 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 Have a ton of experience w/ SX 15s... They tend to like around 3.5-3.75ft3 of airspace after displacement w/ roughly 14in2 of port per. I always tuned w/ them in the 33-35hz range for daily and have nothing but good things to say about them. 2006 Hyundai Sonata Lx - Alpine CDA-9885 - Rainbow CSX Comps - (2) 12" Sundown Zv4 - Sundown 5K - 4.6ft3 @ 33hz w/ 6" aeros sealed off in trunk - 250a Singer alt, Kinetik 1400, (2) 2400s - 150.4 @ Dash as of now
Ritch40 Posted July 15, 2014 Report Posted July 15, 2014 According to RE Audio that sub wants 4.75cuft per sub gross with 39sqin opening per sub 15" long i am currently running a pair of that same sub. built the box to their specs and with rap and similar music it hits hard and sounds real decent.
Cj Kumz Posted July 15, 2014 Author Report Posted July 15, 2014 Have a ton of experience w/ SX 15s... They tend to like around 3.5-3.75ft3 of airspace after displacement w/ roughly 14in2 of port per. I always tuned w/ them in the 33-35hz range for daily and have nothing but good things to say about them. Thanks for the info. I was actually debating with my self over the in2 per cube. Had originally wanted about 16in2 per cube. But like you someone said its more musical at around 14. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Cj Kumz Posted July 15, 2014 Author Report Posted July 15, 2014 According to RE Audio that sub wants 4.75cuft per sub gross with 39sqin opening per sub 15" long i am currently running a pair of that same sub. built the box to their specs and with rap and similar music it hits hard and sounds real decent. Thanks. I will go with around 3.75 cuft and tune to around 35 Hz. Lemme set it up in torres 1st Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.