2011 silverado Non bose/onstar wiring harness?

had a buddy of mine bring his 2011 silverado single cab over to get a screen put in. the wiring harness fit, but did not have a chime module(didnt know it was needed if there was no bose / onstar) and i had to tap into a 12v ignition source because the harness did not have one.

also when he dims the lights down, the radio cuts off, comes back on when turnd all the way up. figured it was something to do with the illumination. i was just gunna not hook it up

whats the correct harness i need to get for him? no bose no onstar 2011 silverado pioneer DD

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

• 1 month later...

that's the wrong harness you need an interface harness. the harness retains all safety chimes and warning that would normally be done through the OEM radio. the OEM radio also uses CanBus to operate. don't skimp out on using the correct harness.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

that's the wrong harness you need an interface harness. the harness retains all safety chimes and warning that would normally be done through the OEM radio. the OEM radio also uses CanBus to operate. don't skimp out on using the correct harness.

im not skimping out, he brought me the wrong harness, it worked but lost chimes and a few other things so I know it was the wrong. its working for the time being but I told him we are putting the correct one in there soon as we can get it

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

GMOS-LAN-01 from Metra

This. These run about $130, I know it's robbery for a harness but it's the only thing that will work properly.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

When I had a Pioneer AVH-P4400BH in my '11 Silverado I used the PAC OS-4 and a METRA SW-1. I used the SW-1 instead of PAC's steering wheel adapter on the advice of a car stereo shop owner friend of mine. He told me the PAC unit had "issues" that he didn't like. Later I tried replacing the pair of adapters with a single PAC RP5-GM31 but that didn't work out so great. It worked for about 3 minutes but by the time I got it all installed back into the dash it quit functioning properly so I went back to the OS-4/SW-1 combo. I've since replaced the Pioneer with an ADVENT OGM-1 which doesn't require any 3rd party adapters and IMO is a much higher quality HU.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Archived