robby512 Posted July 19, 2014 Report Posted July 19, 2014 Hello I currently have a f150 with 2 soundqubed hdc3 15, and am looking to possibly upgrade, got big 3 two battery's and mechman alt on its way now I want to change subs or maybe add more. I have no problem adding two more hdc3 15 that sounds like a great idea! But I also get bored and want to try new things and build new things. I've never had an 18's before the ones that have caught my eye are some obsidians 18 and want to go with 4 but at 170 per it just seems to good to be true I know they aren't bad but how good are they? What are opinions on those? Any ideas I want to stay in the 800$ range give or take but I want something that is just going to destroy as loud as possible. Power will possibly change but I want to go subs first then move to better I currently run 2 hifonics 1200 yes that's prob where I need the most upgrade
truthsayer Posted July 19, 2014 Report Posted July 19, 2014 Nothing wrong with Obsidian, they just are not high power handling subs. But they will get low and loud. truthsayer
robby512 Posted July 19, 2014 Author Report Posted July 19, 2014 Well I think that would be perfect cause for whatever reason I just never pull the trigger on a high power amp
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted July 19, 2014 Report Posted July 19, 2014 Upgrade your amps first those hdc3's will handle double what you're giving them. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
robby512 Posted July 22, 2014 Author Report Posted July 22, 2014 thinking about those amps now. I ran the 4 18's and my 2 hdc3 15's threw winisd and the 4 18's was only 3 db higher than the two 15's. unless I did the numbers wrong which is a possibility. and I want louder much louder how do I go about this? subs amps suggestions please if I can get away with just subs then id like to but suggestions all the way around
truthsayer Posted July 22, 2014 Report Posted July 22, 2014 Believe or not 3db higher is a lot. truthsayer
robby512 Posted July 22, 2014 Author Report Posted July 22, 2014 Well yes 3 db is a lot isn't that almost double to human ear? But If that's going to be the most I can gain and easiest I'll do it. won't I also get more air movement concidering I I have 4 18's instead of 2 15's (cone area)? I want the best bang for the buck
Triticum Agricolam Posted July 22, 2014 Report Posted July 22, 2014 Well yes 3 db is a lot isn't that almost double to human ear? But If that's going to be the most I can gain and easiest I'll do it. won't I also get more air movement concidering I I have 4 18's instead of 2 15's (cone area)? I want the best bang for the buck 3 db is double the sound energy, but it only sounds slightly louder to the human ear. 10 db sounds twice as loud to the ear, but is 10 times the sound energy. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.