Sonic Electronix

I bought a DC LVL 3 15 a long time ago, I'm going to say close to 6-7 years when I lived in Florida. Moved back to Indiana, took it out of my car when I got back...got rid of the amp, I traded the car it was in a long with the Kenwood cd player...anyways, it's been in my garage for awhile now, and I decided I want to sell it locally...I put my cheap MM on the coils and both are reading 2.9, I have pushed on the cone and there is no coil rub. I just can't remember if I bought dual 2 or dual 4. I thought with putting the MM on it I would get a better idea of what it could be, but with that reading I just don't know

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

Press your positive and negative leads of your DMM together and see what that reading is. Subtract that from the reading you get on the sub and that will tell you your DCR. The reason for this is because there is likely resistance between your leads.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Thank you! I will do that when I get home!

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

0.6 is the resistance of the leads, so it's going to be a dual 2...appreciate the help cleansierra

15 seconds pass

0.6 is the resistance of the leads, so it's going to be a dual 2...appreciate the help cleansierra

Yay, I'm glad that helped. On a side note, that is a little more resistance than I'd like in a DMM I owned. You may think about a different one?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yay, I'm glad that helped. On a side note, that is a little more resistance than I'd like in a DMM I owned. You may think about a different one?

Example of what you would like to see? I know it depends on the meter itself so anywhere from 0.00000001 to what? What's normal? 0.2? 0.4?

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

It was bought the same time I installed all my equipment in the old car, I don't know if resistance can build up over time, but it has rarely been used, I had to change the battery in it just to check the coils, and it has only been used handful of times... not to mention, when I went to buy it I was looking at dollar amounts... If I ever get back into it, I'll definitely look for a different one

15 seconds pass

Archived