Sonic Electronix

Alternator Ground/Clipping only 1 Channel

maybe there's a power wire along that speaker wire

This gets my vote. I had a similar issue with the front left speaker in my truck. I could hear what sounded like alternator whine (the pitch would go up & down with engine RPM's) with the stereo OFF. I got under the dash and found that the wires going to that speaker had fallen from where they were and were lying on the power cable coming thru the firewall. I used some nylon wire ties to secure the speaker wire away from the power cable and the noise went away.

2011 Chevy Silverado LT 5.3L 4x4 Ext.-cab

"Enjoy yourself. It's later than you think."

Turned out to be the speaker wire from the crossover to the woofer. Changed that out, no music cut out or anything. Something went wrong with the factory wire. Still have no clue as to what. Thanks for the help all.

IMAG0023-1-1-1.jpg

Pioneer AVH-p5700DVD | MB Quart Onyx ONX4.125 | 6.5 Alpine Type-S component & 6x9 3-way | Hifonics Brutus brz1700.1d | 2 - 12" Kicker L7 | Custom box tuned to 36 hz | 220A Mechman Alternator | 1/0 OFC Welding all the way back | Big 3 | 2 Farad Tsunami Cap | Deka 9a34 | 20% Tint | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Projector Fogs | Dual Out Magnaflow

Archived