Second Skin Audio

Idea for alpine type R box

I have the Alpine 12D4 powered by the Mrx-m110 in a custom box and it hits real nice!

I highly recommend you get the box specs from alpine sub info and enter into the RE Audio Box Calculator. Just change a few measurements till you get the Hz range you want, I personally prefer the 32hz range and it sounds loud and clean for what it is. Need to get it metered soon, should hit a 140db or damn close! Hope this info helps you out buddy.

I have the Alpine 12D4 powered by the Mrx-m110 in a custom box and it hits real nice!

I highly recommend you get the box specs from alpine sub info and enter into the RE Audio Box Calculator. Just change a few measurements till you get the Hz range you want, I personally prefer the 32hz range and it sounds loud and clean for what it is. Need to get it metered soon, should hit a 140db or damn close! Hope this info helps you out buddy.

RE Box calculator is ok, but given the box design by Joe X earlier in this post i would use that. Joe is very experienced and makes really nice boxes, and is able to design much nicer boxes than an automated calculator can. If you are into trying to design the box yourself check out WinISD. Its a great free program for designing enclosures just a little more advanced

Archived