Alt and battery question?

Hey I'm lookin to install a 250 amp alt and a xs d3400 in my jeep it's gunna be runnin a hifonics brz2100 and a JL 300/4 my volts drop pretty bad right now on stock and was gunna see once I got the new alt if I could just replace the battery under the hood with that 1 xs or would I need more than one battery

You'll be MORE than fine. You shouldn't even drop into battery rest.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Alright that's good now would there be a problem with me runnin that alt with the battery I have in the car right now cause after I buy the alt I would have to wait like 2 weeks for my next check before I could buy the battery could that hurt the alt in any way

Alright that's good now would there be a problem with me runnin that alt with the battery I have in the car right now cause after I buy the alt I would have to wait like 2 weeks for my next check before I could buy the battery could that hurt the alt in any way

I could be wrong but the alt would only put out the amps that are required. I don't think an alt can hurt your battery unless it's faulty. I plan on running a MechMan 240A alternator with my stock battery.

***I could be wrong***

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

Hey I'm lookin to install a 250 amp alt and a xs d3400 in my jeep it's gunna be runnin a hifonics brz2100 and a JL 300/4 my volts drop pretty bad right now on stock and was gunna see once I got the new alt if I could just replace the battery under the hood with that 1 xs or would I need more than one battery

if your going to order a mech man alt there will be a build time I ordered one on July 11th and I'm waiting I ordered a d3400 from sonic electronix which came very fast I would say order your alt now and you will still be able to get your battery because of build time and you might get the alt and battery at the same time

I already have the alt didn't go with mech man I went with one from js ultimate alts it's 240 amps now just waitin on Thursday to buy the battery and some zero gauge and I'll be good

Archived