CV Joint Replacement or just reboot and stuff with grease?

Not sure if this is the correct place for it considering it's an engine blog, but my CV joints are cracking like crazy on my maxima, I mean, i know they are the joints, but can anybody shed some light if that could just be because lack of lubricant? That's what this old mechanic had told me, but he is the same guy who "listens by ear" to see whats wrong with an engine instead of hooking up a computer to see what codes are being spit out. Bottom line, CV joints, If i can save myself $150 and just reboot them that would be nice, but i dont want to spend money on the boots and not have that be the issue. 2000 nissan maxima (5th gen) automatic (sorry still lookin for a manual 5 speed maxima tho(; ...)

Making noise.. Put new axle shaft on.

Edit: if they are making noise then its too late. Axle shafts are cheap. Just replace and dont put new boots on

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Making noise.. Put new axle shaft on.

Edit: if they are making noise then its too late. Axle shafts are cheap. Just replace and dont put new boots on

alright, thanks. thats what i thought. This winter i had super bald tires on and i didnt make the turn. i wasnt going more than 5 maybe 7 mph but i got out and pushed out of the bank while my idot friend gunned it back instead of easy on the throttle. but after i hit the bank they where clicking.. still havent fixed them. car actually sat for like 3 months now due to the damn radiator leaking and me not enough time. radiator is coming out tonight and i suppose i might as well get new Joints while im at it.

I would.. Joints break you are stuck where you're at.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

When you're pounding the new ones in, don't fuck up the splines or you'll never get them in the hub.

Don't ask me why I know

Also, since you have to drain the tranny anyways, it's a good time to replace the output shaft seals just for shits

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

When you're pounding the new ones in, don't fuck up the splines or you'll never get them in the hub.

Don't ask me why I know

Also, since you have to drain the tranny anyways, it's a good time to replace the output shaft seals just for shits

couple seals on the tranny.. shes leakin a bit

Archived