visiontech4x4 Posted July 23, 2014 Report Posted July 23, 2014 I just finished a small set up in my jeep wrangler yj. I have a CT sounds2200.1 feeding a single Orion hcca 10" rated at 2000 watts rms. At full tilt my output in not near where I expected. It feels like the sub wants more power. The box I custom built using torres. It is 2.10cf gross 1.49 cf net ported to 38.29hrtz port area of 23.81. Anyone have any ideas here. I am tempted to ditch the orion and install two sundown 8" instead. Would preffer to keep the orion if I can get mor out of it.
Noel989 Posted July 23, 2014 Report Posted July 23, 2014 Can't help you with box specs other than 38 hz is high How's your electrical? Ho alt? What are the setting on your amp? How did you tuned your amps? What's the impedance of your coils? How do you have it wired? Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
visiontech4x4 Posted July 23, 2014 Author Report Posted July 23, 2014 Did the big three with 0 ga wiring. Upgraded alternator to a 160amp running 2 red top batteries. Sub is a duel 2 ohm wired down to 1
Joe X Posted July 23, 2014 Report Posted July 23, 2014 That should be an open type vehicle, you should post pics (in the vehicle) and sketch of the box, open type vehicles have next to none cabin gain.
gally Posted July 23, 2014 Report Posted July 23, 2014 Thing is.....he is not a bass head.... 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
visiontech4x4 Posted July 29, 2014 Author Report Posted July 29, 2014 I have my dd-1 now. Had a friend help with some tuning and played a few decaf boosted songs. Made a huge difference. Only had the soft top on, so I can't wait until the weather permits the hard top.
Aj11 Posted July 29, 2014 Report Posted July 29, 2014 i just want to add that the clipping light on those isn't dead on. when you first see the knob show.clipping it's not. so if your turning the volume up to clipping on the bass knob your losing output. as a reference my amp was set with a dd1 at volume 43 but the knob shows clipping at 39/40 depending on the song. also it is almost impossible to set the lpf and hpf on those amps. you might have one up to high and the other to low. jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.