problem with dd1

Ok now, running the -5 40db track, with everything set flat, plug the dd1 in, and run that track.

Do you have a PAC knob or anything? Turn it up full if so. Turn GAIN ALL THE WAY DOWN on the AMP. ALso, turn ALL passes to full. (ie your low pass. Turn it to full OR all the way up)

Now, roll the volume up. You should see the 40hz sig light come on. Keep rolling FOR GET THE BLIP OF RED HERE AND THERE.

Turn it up to your clean level (35)

NOW, turn your gain UP slowly. FORGETTING the blip of red. Turn the gain up, until you see a constant red. Then back it off some.

Done.

First things first then. Are all the settings on the head unit flat? Crossovers open, No EQ, no bass boost, no 'LOUDNESS' turned on? And subwoofer level at ZERO (this can be readjusted later).

i feel the wrong track(s) have been used.........

i feel he used a MINUS track to find head unit clip point, and from there....... your dicked (would explain why his volume clicks where SOOOO far down showing clipping )

First things first then. Are all the settings on the head unit flat? Crossovers open, No EQ, no bass boost, no 'LOUDNESS' turned on? And subwoofer level at ZERO (this can be readjusted later).

i feel he used a MINUS track to find head unit clip point, and from there....... your dicked (would explain why his volume clicks where SOOOO far down showing clipping )

Just wish I could be there in person to see what the fuck is going on.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Just wish I could be there in person to see what the fuck is going on.

me too....

i feel like id be done before he got me a beer from his fridge ... :shrug:

for that, id man slap him, and make him pour me a shot

:popcorn2: Im Just here to entertain my inner idiot. watch the video that meade posted a few months ago on the returns on (FULLY FUNCTIONAL DD1s) tht were sent back because they were USER ERROR .

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

I used the 0db tracks plug in the front stage rca played the 1khz 0db track no clipping signal at max volume. Plugged in rca jacks from sub out to dd1 played 40hz 0db tone. Now I don't even have a 40hz signal show on the dd1 with zero sub level. Okay max unclipped is 35. And yes all my settings are flat crossovers open etc. So then I play the -10db track as soon as I plug in probes into amp distortion light comes until I back down the volume does the same thing when I use a -5db track is this normal?