problem with dd1

Hello

I am new to the forums so first off hello everyone and thanks for trying to help me solve this.

So my problem or what I believe to be the problem is setting the gains on my sundown saz 1200 when using the dd1 I will get a blip on the distortion detect led pretty much as soon as I move the gain knob but after I turn the knob further the distortion led light goes off and doesn't come on till I turn it up further currently I have the gain not even a 1/4 turn which does not seem right too me. Any help is appreciated

if it turns on and goes away after you turn it up a little more, its not bad, thats normal, its just the variable resistor, it could possibly have anything in the process that can cause distortion, like dirt or a bit of corrosion or some sort. You only need to worry about when it stays on fully and not when it just goes on like for a bit, is the light currently on a 1/4 turn and it has the light on fully? And some times that's all it takes to make the amp run at its full power.

Is there a way to clean the terminal or just leave it be and turn up the gains till I get a solid light. And the subs were brand new and have had them maybe a month but not seen a lot of heavy pounding for nearly that long

The distortion light was not solid it was like a faint blip never stayed solid but I was worried to turn it up more so I don't know what to do

That is fine, its just a dirty terminal, when it is a bright red is when its good, also with your other problem with the smelling a burning something, How long have you had the subs? Did you buy them brand new or used? How long have you been actually using the subs?

Hello

I am new to the forums so first off hello everyone and thanks for trying to help me solve this.

So my problem or what I believe to be the problem is setting the gains on my sundown saz 1200 when using the dd1 I will get a blip on the distortion detect led pretty much as soon as I move the gain knob but after I turn the knob further the distortion led light goes off and doesn't come on till I turn it up further currently I have the gain not even a 1/4 turn which does not seem right too me. Any help is appreciated

if it turns on and goes away after you turn it up a little more, its not bad, thats normal, its just the variable resistor, it could possibly have anything in the process that can cause distortion, like dirt or a bit of corrosion or some sort. You only need to worry about when it stays on fully and not when it just goes on like for a bit, is the light currently on a 1/4 turn and it has the light on fully? And some times that's all it takes to make the amp run at its full power.

Is there a way to clean the terminal or just leave it be and turn up the gains till I get a solid light. And the subs were brand new and have had them maybe a month but not seen a lot of heavy pounding for nearly that long

The distortion light was not solid it was like a faint blip never stayed solid but I was worried to turn it up more so I don't know what to do

That is fine, its just a dirty terminal, when it is a bright red is when its good, also with your other problem with the smelling a burning something, How long have you had the subs? Did you buy them brand new or used? How long have you been actually using the subs?

Hello

Nah there isn't any way to clean the variable resistor, its fine just leave it be, and if your already smelling stuff, your pushing them too hard too fast, I know people tell others that you don't need to break in a subwoofer, I believe you do, i'd play it lightly to medium, don't full on blare it. Wait about another month, or at least a good 20 hours... slowly your subs will get louder and sound better and then you can push them. You also gotta set your gains on your head unit all to 0 and keep it flat then set amp to its proper level with DD1.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

What head unit is it? Does the subwoofer level go into negative numbers, like -15 to +15? If so, put it at 0.

The headunit is an alpine cde 148 and the settings are 0 to 15

Put it at zero, Then reset the gains. Once gains are set, try turning the sub level up a click at a time.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

So just playing them to loud to fast is the problem not that I am getting distortion as I set all the gains on my other amps fine the flashing only occurred on this one so I should turn up the gain till I get a solid red. I set the gains a month ago and if I remember correctly after I went past quarter turn it didn't flash red again until maybe half or two thirds I can check tomorrow

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

So just playing them to loud to fast is the problem not that I am getting distortion as I set all the gains on my other amps fine the flashing only occurred on this one so I should turn up the gain till I get a solid red. I set the gains a month ago and if I remember correctly after I went past quarter turn it didn't flash red again until maybe half or two thirds I can check tomorrow. So if my full blown is 25 volume should I not go above 15

So just playing them to loud to fast is the problem not that I am getting distortion as I set all the gains on my other amps fine the flashing only occurred on this one so I should turn up the gain till I get a solid red. I set the gains a month ago and if I remember correctly after I went past quarter turn it didn't flash red again until maybe half or two thirds I can check tomorrow. So if my full blown is 25 volume should I not go above 15